Chapter 9: Blood Reveal

Here is another chapter. Hope you like the cover.

This is the end of book 1. Book 2 will continue here. Happy reading.

Disclaimer": everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

_|<€£¥<~<€€?,

March....

It wasn't an eventual month to me until I asked my mother what the possibilities of me being a pureblood squib was. "Well, I have a potion that could tell you your blood status," she said. She got up from her seat to her potion stash. She took out a clear potion and poured the content in a bowl. She brought the bowl to her desk. "I just need a drop of your blood, dear," she said. I took a knife and poked a small hole on my finger. I squeezed a drop of blood into the bowl. The liquid started to change color. It turned from blood red to purple.

"What does purple mean?" I asked. She studied the shade of color. "It means you are the purest of pureblood," she said. She lift her head to look at me. I nodded my head. So there was a chance that I was related to the Vale family.

I received letters from Hermione about their lead on the sorcerer's stone and who was after Harry. I just hoped that they weren't going to get into more trouble.

April...

Exams were in a couple of months and many students were rushing to get books from the library. I helped the librarian to check out books. Also, I had to put books back on the shelves. I climbed the latter to put the a book back until I slip. I lost my footing. I screamed and someone caught me. I looked up, it was Matthias.

Um...thank you," I said. He let me down on the floor. I climbed the ladder until we were the same height. He stared at me. "Have we seen each other before you came to Hogwarts?" "Um...no I don't think so. Why would someone like you see a squib like me?" I asked. I saw that he frown at what I said. {Why was he frowning?} He turned around and walked away.

I saw a few of his hair on my robe. I took them and put them in a bottle. I thought I would talk to mom about a paternity test.

I didn't see Hermione and the others since they were busy with studying and other things. I was too busy with my chores.

May.....

Exams were here in the Institute. I was used to the panic in the hallway. Unlike in Hogwarts, the institute had two parts to their exams. There was the written test. The second part was the demonstration test. Our school was very strict on the second part because my mom and the staff wanted to see students have control over their powers. We do have a few that fail every year so it wasn't surprising.

I asked my mom if I could use one of her paternity potions. She hesitated at first, but she agreed to my request. She left the room to go to a meeting. I took the potion from her storage. I had a potion book with me opened to the paternity result page. I put the hair in the bottle with the potion. I shook the bottle for a minute.

I looked at the color. It was blue. I looked at the book. Red mean cousins and Green mean parents. I was shocked at what I saw. I dropped the potion and it shattered onto the floor. I was shaking. Blue meant siblings.

I was Matthias Vale's little sister.

June....

I received letters from Hermione that the it was Professor Quirell who was after Harry. The stone was destroyed. Flamel would die soon. Gryffindor won the house cup this year.

Malfoy sent letters to me. He wanted to know how I was doing. I just told him that I was fine. I considered Malfoy as a friend. We kept our friendship as secret though. I didn't tell him about me being related to Matthias. I knew the Vale's had their reason. At least what I could do was protect them by not saying anything. Malfoy said that he couldn't wait to see me next term. In a way, I was too.

I didn't receive any letters from the Slytherin who wrote the blackboard. Maybe he was graduated.