Chapter 6: Return and Shock

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

$&&$@&)&@&

I was finally back to Hogwarts. Luckily, I had nothing on the blackboard. I had a day off. I got to walk around the school. Draco and I spent time together. He was worried about me when I was gone. I told him that I was fine.

Today was the first task. Draco had me sit next to him. It had to do with dragons. The champion's goal was to get the golden egg in the middle of the arena. Harry had to deal with a Hungarian Horntail. He had trouble getting near the egg. He called for his broom and was able to get the egg. I thought that he was smart.

The second task had to do with the egg. Harry came to me once. He wanted to know what to do with the egg. I told him that he should not rely on me. I wanted him to figure it out on his own.

December....

Professor McGonagall told the students that there was going to be a ball on christmas. It was a Yule ball that was a tradition during the Triwizard tournament. I had to help her set up a room for her to teach dance. She had Ron demonstrate with her. I had to watch Draco dance with Pansy. She tried to kiss him but, he rejected. He wouldn't hurt me.

Yule ball...

The ball was today. Dumbledore asked me to attend. I wore a light violet dress.. I had silver shoes on. I let my hair down as normal. I had some greyish black eyeshadow. I painted my nails violet as well. I carefully walked to the ball. There were guys that were looking at me. I continued to make my way near Professor McGonagall. The champions were to dance first. I could tell that dance wasn't Harry's thing.I saw Draco dancing with Pansy. I wanted Draco to enjoy himself.

I sat at a table and drank punch. "Would you like to dance with me?" I heard. I turned around and saw Draco. He offered me his hand. I smiled at him and we danced. It was a slow song. He had his hands on my waist and I had my arms around his neck. We danced the rest of the ball. I saw that people were jealous about us being together.

Draco dropped me off to my room. We gave each other a kiss goodbye.

A few months later....

The tournament was going very well for Harry. I thought maybe that he was lucky. It was becoming more difficult to watch. The last task had to do with a maze. Harry was the winner, but it came with a price. Cedric Diggory was dead. I couldn't do anything. Harry begged me. I couldn't heal the dead. I learned that lesson from Mom's death. Harry kept saying that Voldemort was back. I believed him.

I was in my room ready to go home. I got a letter from Mother and Father. I didn't understand why they sent me a letter.

Beverly

You are disowned from our family. We did't know what we were thinking. A squib equal to pureblood. Never see us again you filthy squib.

From Vale family

I was shocked. I was disowned again. I couldn't go back to the manor. I decided to head to America. I didn't tell Draco about my disownment. I didn't want him involved.