Chapter 5

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

;;$@&)&&

December...

I was scared to leave mom alone with demons attacking the institute. She had no choice. She was the headmistress. It was her duty to protect everyone in the institute. She had made plans to send students home early for their own protection. She was glad that I was going back to Hogwarts despite the attacks that were going on.

I was invited by Professor Lockhart to watch his presentation of the Dueling club. It was to train witches and wizards to defend themselves. I thought that they needed it with the attacks going on. "Gather around. Gather around," Professor Lockhart said. Matthias saw me and he walked me to the platform. Malfoy was next to me. He gave me a smile and looked up at the Professor. Professor Lockhart asked Professor Snape to join him.

They showed the etiquette to the duel. Professor Snape managed to use his spell first. Professor Lockhart didn't even block the spell. "I would like Miss Kingston to come up here please," he said. I was confused. Everyone looked at me. I went up to the platform with Matthias' help. He had to lift me up a bit since I was a bit short on stature.

I walked up to the Professors. "I heard that you have control of your powers am I right," he said. "Yes," I said. "Do you know how to defend yourself against magic attacks?" he said. "Yes," I said. Mom and the Defense of the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Callen, at the institute had trained me to defend myself in case I was attacked. I was good at it. "Excellent. Would you like to show the class?" he asked. I looked around. I could see worried faces on Matthias, Malfoy, Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I turned to Professor Lockhart. "Sure," I said.

We walked on the opposite sides of the platform. I took my robe off and gave it to my brother. It was a good thing I was wearing short sleeves and jeans. We faced each other. Professor Lockhart attacked first. "Stupefy," he said. I put my shield up. The spell didn't go through. Everyone was surprised. He tried a few more spells but, they didn't get through my shield.

Professor Snape was next. I knew that he was good at spells. "Stupefy," he said. I was able to stop the spell and hold it in my hand. I threw it back at Professor Snape and stunned him. Everyone was surprised that I was able to defend myself.

He tried again. "Expelliamus," he said. I stopped time on the spell coming towards me. Everyone was surprised. I stepped aside and let the spell pass me when I resume time. Many students clapped. I was dismissed from the platform. I jumped down toward Matthias and he caught me. "Good job," he said. "Thanks," I said back to him.

Malfoy and Harry had a duel. Malfoy sent out a snake out of his wand. Harry started to talk in snake language. Professor Snape vanquished the snake with a spell and the club was dismissed. Harry was starting to scare me a bit.

Christmas break...

Hermione told me the plan about making Malfoy tell them about the Chamber of Secrets. They believe that he knew the heir of Slytherin was. I doubted their belief of Malfoy knowing the heir of Slytherin.

Next morning...

I woke up to go to the hospital wing to help Madam Pomphrey with the injured students. When I went inside, I saw Hermione in a bed. "What happened?" I asked her. She told me that the polyjuice potion backfired on her. My day at the hospital wing didn't feel boring when Hermione was there. We kept each other company.

Christmas...

I had gotten many presents this year. Hermione got me another muggle book. Ron's mother made me a sweater. Mom got me protection amulet. Mother got me a silver hairpin. Matthias got me a swan feather quill. Malfoy got me another charm. Swan feather that was silver.