Chapter 2

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

$&&@$$@&

It was October. I received a letter from Hogwarts. They would like to know if I would be interested in working again. I would be working straight without any months off. I would get time off for therapy reasons. I asked my mother about it and she thought it would be a good idea. I accepted the offer.

I arrived to Hogwarts by train. I enjoyed the long ride. I loved the scenery. Hagrid was there to greet me. "Hello Hagrid," I said. "Ello Beverly, you have grown," he said. He helped me on a boat and got to the other side. I went inside the castle myself. Not much as changed. Filch was there and instructed me to go change. I went inside my old room. It hasn't changed either. I had a new set of robes. I decided to wear a white blouse, blue skinny jeans, Brown high heal shoes. I wore my robe. It was purple. I let my hair down.

I walked to the entrance of the Great Hall. The doors were closed. Filch would give me the signal to go in. Once, he gave me the signal, I walked inside the room. I walked towards the teacher's table. Everyone's eyes were on me. I heard people whisper around me. "Wow who is she?" "I wonder if she would go out with me?" "Love the hair." I didn't like the attention. It has been a long time since I have seen people. I was nervous.

I made it to the front where Dumbledore stood. He had me stand right next to him. "It has been two years since the attack at the Casterwell Institute of Magic. Miss Beverly Kingston or I should say now Miss Beverly Vale, has been through much horror and trauma. I hope everyone would give her a warm welcome back," Dumbledore said. Everyone started to clap. I didn't know what to say.

Dumbledore allowed me to sit at the teacher's table like I used to do. He had the feast begin. The food was like I remembered. I looked at Malfoy. He gave me a smile. I smiled back at him. I the golden trio at their table as well. I thought that this would be a great start for me. After dinner, I went back to my room and look at he board. There was a lot of inventories that needed refilling. I saw a note on the board. "Sleep well Beverly," it said. I thought the Slytherin graduated. I still didn't know who would write it. "Good night," I wrote.

October 30
I spend all October doing inventories and helping teachers with grading. I got to help in music class. Many students especially the boys kept looking at me. I even had a couple boys ask me out, but I declined. I spent more time with Malfoy than the golden trio. I really started to like Malfoy more than I realized. The golden trio and I sent letters back and forth. I told them everything. They told be that in second year, it was a basilisk that petrified people. Also, third year, they met Sirius Black. I really did missed out a lot.

Today was a special day. There was a lot to do before dinner. I had to help make sure that everything was perfect. Hogwarts was hosting the Triwizard Tournament. I was excited. Students from Durmstrang Institute and Beauxbatons Academy were coming today.

It was dinner time. I sat in my usual seat. Dumbledore introduce the schools. The Beauxbaton students were beautiful indeed. Their headmistress Madam Maxine followed behind. She was beautiful in her own way. The students from Durstrang were look disciplined. Their Headmaster, Igor Karkarov, looked scary and strict with his expression. Karkarov gave Dumbledore a hug as a greeting.

Everyone took their seats. The Goblet of Fire came out. Barty Crouch came and explained that there was an age limit. I could year students complain especially the Weasley twins. There was a lot of risk in entering the tournament. Few have died. I heard thunder. I looked at the sky. It meant that someone wasn't suppose to be here. We saw a spell shot up at the sky and turned to normal. Everyone turned to the person who walked in wet. Alastor Moody was his name.

The feast began and everyone was enjoying themselves. I was about to eat until I heard Karkarov speak. "What is a squib doing at this table?" I heard. I could see Madam Maxine looking at me at the corner of my eyes. I lost my appetite. "Excuse me. I'm not hungry," I said. I stood from my seat about to leave. "Its alright Beverly, There is no reason for you to leave," I heard Dumbledore said. I turned to him. "No its ok. I don't want to ruin your feast. Please, help yourselves," I said. I walked around the table and exited the Great Hall.

I went up to my room. I got to my room let out a sigh. "I should read to pass the time," I said to myself. I walked to my bookshelf and grabbed a book. I went on my bed and read. It was about the three brothers. This story was popular in Great Britain. After an hour, I heard a zap in my room. I lift my head from the book and saw a house elf. Her name was Teeny. "Dumbledore thought that you would be hungry. I brought your food," she said. She set the tray on my desk. "I will be back for the dishes later," she said. She apparated out of my room.

I thought I should eat. I set my book down and went to my desk to eat. After I ate, I went to my blackboard to see if anyone needed anything. I saw the Slytherin house needed towels in the girl's dormitory. I walked to the Slytherin house with towels in my arms. I walked inside and went to the girl's dormitory. I put the towels in the storage and walked out. I was going down the stairs and I was surprised and shocked.

I saw Malfoy kissing another girl.