Chapter 6

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

$@@&&@&&@

January....

I was back at the Institute. Things were getting worse. Mom didn't looked like she slept much in the past month. I heard rumors that their was going to be a war in the Institute. I didn't believe it. Teachers had their wands out when they go for a walk. Everyone was on high alert. I didn't blame them.

It was a Saturday morning. I was walking to the hospital wing. I heard something explode. I ran and saw smoke coming out of a classroom. I looked inside to see ten demons attacking Professor June. I stopped time in the classroom. I had to be quick. I couldn't hold time for so long. I ran to Professor June to unfreeze her. We ran out before time resumed.

Professor June alerted the teachers and mom. More demons appeared in the hallway It was a good thing that students were away for the holidays. "You need to run Beverly!" Professor June yelled. I ran as fast as I could to my mom's office. Spells were flying everywhere. I made it inside. I was about to close the door when I saw a demon close it for me. I stepped back. "Well, look who we have here," the demon said.

He had scars all over his face. He had a knife with him as well. He must be the leader of the demon attacks. Another demon came in. I saw a knife on my mom's desk. I motion my hand to the knife on the table and threw the knife at the demon that just came in. He was turned to ash. The demon leader was surprised. He turned to me and started to throw fireballs at me. I put my shield up. This went on for an hour. His last fireball broke my shield. I was exhausted.

"I see you are tired. Say goodbye," He said with a grin. He was about to throw his knife at me. Mom apparated inside. I saw blood coming out of her forehead and her mouth. She covered me. The demon threw the knife at her. "MOM!" I yelled. She went limp. I got angry. I concentrated at the demon and he exploded.

It was over. I looked at mom. I tried to heal her, but nothing happened. I kept trying but, there was no glow. Madam Grace and Professor Callen came in. Madam Grace checked mom. She had tears in her eyes. Madam Grace took me in her arms. I started to cry.