Book 2 Chapter 1: Family Truth

Disclaimer": everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.
_\~€<€€£<¥~~£~

Summer was going really fast. I spent half the summer cleaning the whole institute. After I cleaned the whole institute, Mom let me have a little vacation in the muggle world. I spend time in Los Angeles and Orlando. It was great. I loved spending time with my mom.

I did tell mom about my brother. She wasn't surprised because disownment was a a common practice among pureblood families. They wanted to keep their magic safe from muggles. The more pure, a pureblood family was, the more powerful the family was.

It was a Sunday afternoon. Mom had to go to Magical Congress for some business. She let me go with her. I have been there many times. Mom apparated us inside Congress. It was big and spacious. We walked into the President's office. "Ah, Headmistress Kingston. I was expecting you. I see that you brought your daughter Beverly," he said. I bowed to him in respect. I lifted my head and saw someone else here. I turned and saw Matthias and a man next to him.

"I would like you to meet Mr. Martin Vale and his son Mattias," the President said. So the man Martin was my father. He looked confident and held his head high. He looked regal. Mom went up to him. I stood behind her. I was a squib after all. I notice Mattias looking at me. I kept my head down.

"So this squib is your daughter," I heard. I looked up and I saw Mr. Vale looking at me. "Yes, she is," mom said with confidence. I turned my head to see the President pouring tea. I turned back to my mother. "Ow!" I heard. I saw him burn his hand. Mom turned her head toward the President. "Are you alright sir?" mom asked. "Yes I'm fine," he said. The burned looked really bad. "Can your daughter heal my hand please?" he asked.

I was scared. I turned to my mom. I could tell that she didn't want me to. Mr. Vale lifted an eyebrow and Matthias was confused. I slowly made my way to the president. I put my hand over the burn and started healing him. He was healed in a minute. "Thank you Beverly," he said. I nodded my head. I turned to see Mr Vale intrigued. "Was she adopted by any chance?" he said. {What is he getting at?"}

Mom turned to him. "Yes. Even though she is a squib, she had powers that are connected to her emotions," she said. He studied me. "Do you know who her parents are?" he asked. I didn't want him to know. "Yes. I found out recently," she said. I could see tears forming in her eyes. "Who are they?" he demanded. I turned to him.

"You are my father while Matthias is my older brother," I said. He went into shock. "Yes, I am alive. You left me in the woods to die. The headmistress found me and adopted me," I said. I could see Matthias thinking. "I remembered my father bringing a basket with a baby in it," he said. I turned to him. "I guess thats why you asked me the question in April about seeing me before I entered Hogwarts," I said. He had suspected some kind of connection between us.

I turned to Mr. Vale. I refuse to call him dad. He was still in a bit of shock but, he kept his composure.

After mom's business was done, we left Congress. Mr. Vale didn't have custody over me. I was happy about it. He knew about my powers though. He said that he wanted to keep some contact with me. I didn't like the idea, but mom insisted that I have some communications with him.

August...

Summer was almost over. I had gotten a lot of letters from my father and my brother. They just wanted to know me a little better. I was even surprised to get a letter from my mother, Helen. She written to me that she had cried for months after she gave me up. It was one of her biggest regrets. I written that she was doing her job as a wife to support her husband's decision and respect tradition. I got along well with her and Matthias. I still considered the headmistress my mom.

I have gotten gifts from them as well.

Mom wanted me to get something for her in Diagon Alley today. I have been there a few time because my mom needed ingredients for potions and they could only be bought at Great Britain. I wore black jean, purple long sleeve shirt, and blue vest. I wore purple and white shoes. I braided my hair to one side.

Dragon Alley...

There were so many people. I knew Professor McGonagall had sent Hogwarts letters to students. I guess many students came to get their school supplies today. I went inside a shop to get ingredients for potions. I paid and went out. I was walking when I bumped into Matthias and a woman. "Oh hello Matthias," I said. "Hi Beverly. Oh yeah this is mother by the way," he said with a smile. He pointed at the woman next to him. I recognize the hair and eyes. They look like mine.

I saw tears in her eyes. She walked over and wrapped her arms around me. "I missed you sweetie," she said. I was shocked at her action. I hugged her back. She pulled back and gave me a smile.

"Why are you hugging me? I'm just a filthy squib to you," I said.