Chapter 7: Christmas Surprise

Disclaimer": everything besides Beverly and other characters that are not recognized by the readers belong to J. K. Rowling.

--/;)$&(;:--/;)$);

Christmas break was starting. Many students planned to go home. I would be cleaning the dormitories while many students were away. I was walking to the Great Hall. I saw Malfoy. He saw me and was making his way toward me. I backed away and ran off quickly to the Great Hall.

I saw Harry and Ron playing wizard's chess. I wasn't any good at it. I liked watching them play.

I sat next to Harry and watched the game. Hermione came over to us with her trunk. Hermione watched the game. "That's totally barbaric," she said. "Thats a wizard's chess," Ron said. Ron looked at Hermione. "I see you've packed," he said. "See you haven't," she said back at him. "Change of plans. My parents are going to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He is studying dragons there," he explained. {How many brothers does Ron have?} Ron and Harry planned to look in the library for anything on Nicholas Flamel. Hermione said to look in the restricted section.

"Have a good holiday Hermione," I said with a smile. "You too," she said and went off.

Christmas day....

I woke up and saw presents near my fireplace. Hermione got me a muggle book. Mom got me a swan feather hairpin. Madam Grace got me new winter gloves. I got other presents from different professors. I found one box that I wasn't familiar with. I opened it to show a charm necklace. It only had one charm right now. It was a butterfly. I saw a note inside.

Dear Beverly,

I hope you like the necklace. Merry Christmas.

-Malfoy

"Why would Malfoy send me a gift?" I said out loud. I rather have a present from the Slytherin who has been messaging me through the blackboard.

--//:())(;/-/:(

I will put this story on hold for a time being. I started so many stories at once. I already have this story draft out. the hold will be lifted in the middle of feb. thank you for understanding. I may even lift the hold early.