CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM!!!!!

At seven o'clock that morning, a ten year old boy started jumping on me and my bed. I woke up, startled, clutching my wand and shouting, "Dangit Black!"

It turned out that it was in fact Cygnus jumping on my bed. He started laughing and then winked at me.

"You did say that you two weren't dating, didn't you?" Cygnus teased.

"Well, he's usually the one that wakes me up like that," I pouted, sliding out of bed.

"So, are you ready to go see what presents you got?" I asked excitedly, picking Cygnus up and twiling him around.

"Yeah!" he shrieked, trying to wriggle out of my tight grasp.

"Do you want a piggy back ride?" I suggested, bending over.

He didn't even answer me. He hopped onto my back and I ran downstairs. Both of us were laughing and Cygnus was holding my wand. I almost ran over Nox, but I managed to jump over her with the lump of a human on my back.

We slid into the living room where the tree was and I grinned so widely that my chapped lips split open. Honestly, I get more excited for Christmas than Cygnus does. I deposited Cygnus on the couch and ran over to the stack. My parents walked in from the kitchen, both holding coffee mugs and laughing.

"We could hear you two, you know," my dad said.

"Good," I grinned.

"Honey, why is your lip bleeding?" my mum asked, concerned.

"My lips are chapped," I explained, hopping from one foot to another in excitement.

"You look like you have to pee," Cygnus giggled.

I playfully glared at him and then turned back to my parents.

"Where's my coffee?" I asked, holding out my hand.

"You get yours with breakfast," my dad said, sitting down on the couch.

"You kids better start unwrapping," smiled my mum.

I let out a battle cry and dived into the pile of presents. By the time I had finished sorting out the presents (that basically means after I was done chunking all of Cygnus' presents at his head and placing mine on the floor carefully), I realized that my pile was significantly smaller than Cygnus'.

Of course, that didn't slow me down as I started tearing through them. Cygnus gave me a book about white wolves and Animagi. My parents gave me a VHS of Doctor Who (it was the Fouth Doctor's first season. Jon Pertwee had just left), a new grey beanie, TARDIS blue socks, bright red high top Converse, and a box set of the Muggle book series, The Lord Of The Rings.

As soon as I saw the box set, I was practically crying from happiness. They had come out a few years before I was born and I had always wanted to read them. The new season of Doctor Who made me cry too, but for different reasons. I had loved the Third Doctor (played by Jon Pertwee) and then he left and was replaced by Tom Baker. Although, I have a feeling that I would love the Fourth Doctor in a few episodes.