CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

AN: There are some jokes about Hufflepuffs in this chapter from AVPM

AN: There are some jokes about Hufflepuffs in this chapter from AVPM. I'm not being rude and shit when you see stuff like, "Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders." (Back off)

The train whistle blew loudly in my ear. I nervously glanced at the train. My mother launched forward and wrapped her arms around me tightly. Her tears dripped onto my shoulder.

"It's okay, Mum. Honestly. I'll write to you guys and send you pictures or whatever," I reassured her, rolling my eyes.

"But I just can't believe that you're going back already," she sobbed.

"Let me say goodbye to Dad and Cyg, okay?" I asked.

She detached herself from me and stood behind my father, wiping her eyes.

"Bye, Dad. Don't watch too much Doctor Who without me," I laughed, hugging him.

"Don't worry about it, love," he smiled. His smiles always made the skin around his eyes crinkle up.

Lastly, I turned to Cygnus.

"Be a good boy, you hear me? I don't want any reports of how bad you've been," I said sternly, smiling at him to let him know that it was a joke.

"You don't have to worry about me getting in trouble. I'm more worried about you getting in trouble. You're always in trouble," he replied.

"I can't help it. I'm naturally drawn to trouble. Or it's naturally drawn to me. I can't tell," I smirked.

Cygnus hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back. The train whistle blew again and I pulled away from my little brother.

"Gotta run," I said, using my left hand to brush the hair out of my eyes.

I grabbed my trunk and heaved it onto the train. I rolled it until I found Lily and the other girls' compartment. I used the Levitation Charm to lift it onto the shelf. Then the girls and I waved goodbye to our families as we rolled away.

Once our families were out of sight, I sat back and observed the girls in front of me. Alice was looking a bit more tan, but I remember her telling me that she was going to Hawaii over Christmas break. Marlene was still Marlene and Lily was still Lily. However, there was one girl who I had never seen before.

"Who are you?" I asked, somewhat rudely.

She looked at me. She had short, uneven black hair that was streaked with purple. She was wearing a black tank top and a black leather jacket (I almost immediately liked her just because of her jacket). She was also sporting black skinny jeans and black high top Converse. She was chewing carelessly on a piece of blue gum.

"Cassio! Be nice!" Marlene hissed, smacking my arm.

"My name is Zoe Bleu. I'm a transfer and according to Lily, I'm in your year," she answered.