CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

We got to the top of the stairs before I started to have my doubts

We got to the top of the stairs before I started to have my doubts. This could be a really bad idea. Fortunately, Lily gave me a look that said, "there could be hot guys there." I wasn't going to risk it, so I followed her down the stairs.

James and Remus were waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. I waved, but I think only Remus saw me. James was busy staring at Lily like she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

In his eyes, she probably was.

"So, what's happening?" I asked, throwing an arm around Remus' shoulder.

"Well, apparently it's good etiquette to walk a lady to a party, so that's what we're doing. I told my Mum that you aren't a lady, Cassio, but she wouldn't listen to me," replied James, finally snapping out of his trance.

"She also tried to get Sirius to come because he was already at the party, but he refused. So I'm here now," sighed Remus.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Some things never change," I laughed.

James tried to get Lily to come with him, but she refused quite loudly. Instead, Remus took her and James took me. It was just a two minute walk to the Potter Mansion, so I was able to put up with James' hyper attitude pretty well. He was always like this before a party.

We got to the party that was already pretty full. There were two different parties for two types of people. There was a party for us teenagers and a party for the grown ups. As we were walking in, one of James' aunts stopped us.

"Oh, James! Your girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous!" She gushed.

"No! She's not my girlfriend! We're just friends," James clarified.

I watched in amusement as red seeped into James' cheeks. Lots of people made that mistake whenever we did something together. I was pretty used to it, but James wasn't. Apparently.

We made our way up to the room where the teenagers were gathered. It was completely silent, but I'm sure that there was loud music blaring. Thank God for magic.

I pushed the door open and was immediately deafened by the loud music. I hadn't thought that we were that late, but about twenty people were already there. Maybe they just got there early.

A ton of shouts filled the room when we walked in. Girls were screaming at James and Remus and the boys were already yelling, just for the fun of it. I saw Sirius talking to a girl in one corner of the room. Peter was hanging around the drink table.

"What types of drinks are those, Mr. Potter?" I asked, playfully punching his arm.

"Butterbeer for the prefects, a touch of firewhiskey for everyone else," James answered, playing along.

"Do the parents know about the touch of firewhiskey?" I asked.

"I'm not that daft, Ice," he laughed, pinching my cheek.