CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

I swear to gods that if I get another comment about how "it's FLEAMONT NOT IGNATIUS" or "it's ChArLuS" in this FANFICTION based on a FANTASY BOOK SERIES,,,,,,, I will fucking swing

The next morning, I discovered that the nickname only stuck with Black. Which was good, I guess. I might have been able to appreciate it more if he hadn't seemed to forget my real name.

"See you in Divination, Red!" He shouted as I walked away from the boys.

"Red?" questioned Lily, who was accompanying me to Ancient Runes.

"It's some stupid nickname he came up with last night. He'll probably forget about it in a few days," I answered, blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

"The real question is, how much more homework can Professor Higgins pile on us before we spontaneously combust?"

Lily laughed, rolling her eyes.

"You're over exaggerating, Cassio. He doesn't give us that much homework," she sighed.

Lily changed her mind about halfway through the lesson.

"Three different essays? On top of the studying for all six tests he's giving us this week? Is Higgins insane?" She fumed.

"I think so," I replied, staring hopelessly at the blank piece of parchment in front of me. It was supposed to be filled with intelligent sentences about how important it was to know how to translate old transcripts.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, I have extra credit opportunities coming up! Keep an eye out for them in your House Common Rooms, I'll be posting them there!"

Our overly-happy, forgetful Ancient Runes professor was one of my least favorite teachers. I'm pretty sure he was dropped off of the Astronomy Tower when he was a baby because he was obsessed, obsessed with essays. We had at least two each week. That number had recently increased with our O.W.L.s coming up. As had the amount of tests he was giving us. I had once told Alice that I was convinced that he was possessed by a demon. She told me to stop being so dramatic, just like every other person in the world had.

After our hellish experience in Ancient Runes, I had the pleasure of going straight to Divination. Where I got to put up with the likes of Sirius Black.

"Hey, Red," he whispered from the table next to mine.

"What, Black?" I asked, looking up at him in annoyance.

"You need to be paying attention to the lesson so that you can teach it to me later," he answered, as if the answer was obvious.

"I'm doing my Ancient Runes work which I am extremely far behind in. Besides, we have Remus," I shrugged.

"Guys," complained Remus.

"You can't have that much Ancient Runes homework," Sirius whispered.

"Try me."