CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

I looked into the mirror and immediately began analyzing how I looked

I looked into the mirror and immediately began analyzing how I looked. And let me tell you, I looked good.

The dress I was wearing was black and short; it came to my mid-thigh. It had a collar that was studded with diamonds. There was alarge white bow on the waistline. The sleeves were cut off the way a muscle top is, so I was holding my black leather jacket in my left hand. My hair was held back in a loose braid down my back. Resting on top of my head was a black beanie that said "Normal people scare me." I had brown eyeshadow on and red lipstick. On my wrists were multiple black bracelets My silver arrow ring was on my right ring finger and my black rose stud earrings were, of course, in my ears. I was wearing black high heels that helped make me seem a little more intimidating.        

The goal of this outfit is to make Sirius's family as apissed as I can. This was obviously supposed to be a "formal" event, so I put a dress on. But more than one thing in my outfit was added to seem more casual.

I scrutinized my appearance one more time before walking outthe door of my room. Before I left, however, I stepped back inside and hooked a pair of black sunglasses on my finger. When I got downstairs, my mum was waiting to Apparate with me. She knew that I was just doing this to support Sirius. She looked skeptically at my outfit.

"That dress is really short, Cassio," she said uncertainly. "I don't remember buying it for you.

"That's because you didn't. Lily and I bought it."

I didn't let her say anything else about my dress. We Disapparated and appeared at Grimmauld Place. I hugged my mum and told her goodbye. Then she disappeared. I stared right at the spot in between Number 11 and Number 13 and closed my eyes and thought, "12, Grimmauld Place."

When I opened my eyes again, a house was beginning to grow in the spot that I was staring at. It completely formed, even popping up a gate to fit in with the rest of the fence. I opened up the gate and strutted up to the doorstep, my heels clicking against the concrete.

I knocked on the door and Regulus opened it. He frowned at me in dislike.

"My brother didn't tell me that he was inviting his girlfriend as his friend this year. Especially you. I figured you would stay away from this family, Smith," he commented snidely.

I pushed my sunglasses up to my forehead like the bad ass I am.

"First of all, I'm not dating your brother. Second of all, I wasn't his first choice to come, but no one else he asked could come. Lastly, I would love to stay away from you, but my friend asked me to come. I, unlike some people I know, am completely loyal to my friends. Must be a Gryffindor thing."

I know that it was a bad idea to mention my House this early into the evening, but another Gryffindor trait was bravery. I was certainly expressing that particular trait just by showing up tonight.