CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

A/N- I've been wanting to write this chapter forever

When I woke up on Tuesday, I noticed that my dormitory was somewhat colder than normal. I pushed my covers off of me and stood up, shivering. Lily noticed and tossed me one of her sweatshirts. I pulled it over my head and thanked her.

I made my over to the window. Every step I took closer to the window made the temperature drop a little bit. As soon as I glanced out of the window, the corners of my mouth lifted. Everywhere I looked, it was white. The Whomping Willow had already shaken off the snow that had fallen onto its branches.

I left the window and went into the bathroom to brush my hair. Alice poked her tongue out at me when she ran her fingers through her pixie cut. I narrowed my eyes at her and she laughed.

"Are you being nice, Cassio?" Marlene asked from the other room.

"Of course I am. Are you, Mar?" I replied, giving up on my hair and pulling it into a ponytail.

"Nope," came the answer.

"Zoe, would it kill you to smile?" Alice inquired, glancing at the Irish girl.

"I suppose not," responded Zoe, pulling on her black combat boots.

"When did you get that blue streak in your hair, Zoe? I like it," I commented, looking at her using the mirror.

"I put it in last night," she answered, lacing her boots up.

"It looks good on you," encouraged Lily.

We chatted while we got ready. Last night, we had ended up staying up late together to work on our forgotten Astronomy homework for tonight. None of us were really feeling up to speed.

I practically ran to the Great Hall, having not eaten in twelve hours. I took my seat with the girls and began piling food onto my plate.

"How do you eat that much and not get fat, Cas?" Marlene asked, looking at my plate jealously.

"I guess it's the wolf metabolism," I shrugged, eating a strawberry to seem healthier.

"The what?"

Oh right. I hadn't told Zoe yet.

"I'm an Animagus," I answered, deciding to keep it simple.

"Oh. Cool. What form do you take?"

"Wolf," I said simply.

"I feel stupid," Zoe sighed, smiling slightly. Lily, Marlene, Alice, and I laughed.

"Morning, ladies!" Sirius called to us as he sat down.

I waved at them, trying to swallow my bite of sausage. However, the four other girls turned away, obviously not in the mood to deal with the other Marauders.

"Oi! Ice! You didn't say hi to me," whined James, grinning at me.

"Hey, Prongs," I laughed, throwing a blueberry at him.