CHAPTER FOUR

"James, I know it's almost Halloween, but will you please let me go?" I asked

James laughed and hugged me tightly, picking me up off the ground. I rolled my eyes and looked around for a savior. I spotted Black walking past a few strides ahead.

"Black! Black! Bla-" James covered my mouth with his hand and started to run. I licked his hand in response, causing him to wipe it on his jeans in disgust.

"Black, get over here! James is taking me captive!" My voice rang through the halls, but we didn't get in trouble.

Sirius appeared again, out of breath. He grinned and ran forward. Snatching me out of James' grip, he raced out of the castle and towards the Black Lake.

"Don't you DARE! I will personally kill you if you even think about throwing me into the lake!" I yelled, hoping another Marauder would come help me, but no one appeared. Sirius had almost reached the lake and I was getting desperate. "SIRIUS ORION BLACK III!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!" I screamed. I was released and fell to the ground, crumpling like the weak person I can only hope I'm not, at the very edge of the lake.

"Thank you," I huffed, then attempted to stand. My ankle buckled and I fell to ground painfully.

"Ow," I said. I rolled my eyes and turned to the four Marauders.

They were laughing and pointing at me. At my glare, they stopped. I was about to scold them when I glanced at my watch. Sirius was in for it.
"Crap! We're almost late for class!" I exclaimed. They rushed off but not before I grabbed Sirius by the arm and shoved him into the lake.

I hobbled to class like an old lady. I barely made it into Potions without dying. Not because of my ankle, but because I almost fell the staircase when James and a moist Sirius so rudely pushed past me to get to class. I walked in and glared at the Marauders in their corner. I walked up to Lily and sat down in relief.

"What happened to you?" Lily hissed. "Sirius Black happened! He freaking dropped me on my ankle!" I growled, sounding too much like a wolf for my own good. They would eventually figure it out if I kept growling and eating meat.

"Miss Smith? Would you like to share your thoughts with the class?" Slughorn asked, obviously noticing my zoning out and my whispered conversation.

"Anything?" I asked. He nodded in confirmation and I stood up as best as I could without falling on my face.

"First, I hate you Black. Second, I also hate you James. Third, Remus, you're, I guess. Same with Peter because I don't really know what to say about him. Fourth, Black I'm glad your still wet from your little tumble. Fifth, Lily is awesome. Sixth, I-"

"That's enough Miss Smith," Slughorn said. I shrugged and sat down.

Slughorn carried on with the lesson that I paid zero attention to. At the end of the lesson, I limped out of the classroom to lunch. I grabbed a few pieces of roast beef and bread and went outside to eat. I sat down under a random tree and started to eat. After observing the empty grounds in front of me, I figured it was safe to work on our "project," even though I was mad at the Marauders. I drew a diagram of what it looks like when you change into your Animagus form from my own experiences. I also looked through a book that had its information slightly incorrect.