CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

When I woke up the next morning, the dorm was filled with the usual yells of the boys

"James! Stop hogging the shower!"

"I'm not hogging the shower!"

"You've been in there for thirty minutes, mate."

"He's right, Prongs."

"Don't side with him, Moony! Pete, are you on my side?"

"Erm, sure?"

"All of you, shut up!" I yelled, stepping into the bathroom, glaring at them.

Sirius, Remus, and Peter all stared at me. James poked his head out of the shower.

"Good morning, Cassio!" He said, happily waving at me.

"It's not a good morning when you're woken up by four teenage boys yelling," I stated, giving them a bitch face.

They all said a mumbled apology, Remus scratching the back of his neck.

"Now, James, get out of the bloody shower!"

I rolled my eyes and left the bathroom. While they were occupied with their arguing, I closed the curtains around James's bed and got dressed.

I put on a black sleeveless shirt that said, "Converse All Star" on it, black ripped jeans, and one of my pairs of black Converse.

Once I finished, I left James's shirt on his unmade bed and checked on the boys again. James was out of the shower, which meant that Sirius was the only one who hadn't showered. I shook my head and started doing my hair and makeup. I braided my hair down the left side and applied light makeup.

James scoffed at me. "What?" I asked.

"Do you really need to spend that much time on your hair and makeup?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

I sighed and shook my head. Boys were clueless.

"Girls feel the need to show their dominance over the other females by making themselves look the prettiest. Plus, it's really fun," I explained, turning my face side to side to make sure that I hadn't missed a spot.

"Really? I always thought it was because they wanted to impress guys," Sirius called from the shower. I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me.

"No. Some girls do that. I just happen to fall into the slightly smaller category that fights for female dominance," I answered.

"I feel so educated now. What else do you have to tell us about the female mind?" James asked, his hazel eyes wide. Sirius shut the water off, eager to hear the reply.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "We think it's really attractive when a guy rolls up the sleeves of his button-up to his elbow."

Almost frantically, James started rolling up the sleeves of his white button-up shirt. I had to stifle a laugh. Not that what I told his wasn't true, but it was funny to see him acting so frantic.