CHAPTER SIX

I managed to write this chapter pretty quickly

I managed to write this chapter pretty quickly. I'm surprised and proud of myself. *cue round of applause*
(DONT BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. THIS CHAPTER WAS SHIT)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The instant effect was hilarious. James' jaw dropped to the floor, Sirius just stared at me, Lily covered her mouth with both of her hands, Peter fainted, and Remus ran a hand through his hair several times, never taking his eyes off of me.

"Wow," said James, voicing what everyone was thinking.

"And you're not crying? Your entire life is a lie!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Yes, I know that Black. I am crying. Are you blind?" I retaliated.

Sirius opened his mouth to say some sarcastic comment, but Lily didn't let him.

"Would you two please just stop?" she asked.

I shrugged. James sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap. I started to cry harder. James was my family and he had been since I could last remember. I leaned my head against his chest and sobbed.

"How do you know for sure?" I looked at Remus. Trust him to make some type of intelligent comment.

"It felt so real. I feel like it was some type of memory trying to be remembered. Then, suddenly, I remembered. Is that crazy? That's crazy," I concluded.

"Do you want to sleep or what?" James asked.

"What time is it?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Four in the morning," answered Lily.

"I'm staying up. You lot can go to sleep if you want," I decided. I got off James and stood up.

After stretching, I picked up my Gryffindor blanket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" Lily asked protectively. I smiled and nodded. I heard a fake gasp.

"Smith? Did you just smile? I didn't know your face knew how to smile," exclaimed Sirius. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Maybe the reason you never see me smile is you. Maybe you annoy me past the point of smiling," I retorted.

Sirius struggled to find a comeback while the rest of us laughed. I knew he was going to come up with some stupid sarcastic comment, if he found one at all.

"Go back to bed, all of you. I'll be fine," I said over the laughter.

The Marauders filed out, dragging Peter, and Lily went to her bed. I slipped out of the dorm to the Astronomy Tower. When I arrived, I sat on the very edge. I knew the warnings the Professors gave about sitting the edge by heart, but I live life dangerously. Obviously. The cold wind nearly blew me over the side, but I grabbed the nearby pillar. I looked up at the night sky and tried to find my namesake constellation. Well, I guess Cassiopeia wasn't my real name anymore, was it?