CHAPTER FIVE

I left to go to the Astronomy Tower

I left to go to the Astronomy Tower. I spend most of my free time up here. It was very quiet and peaceful and was great for studying.

I pulled out a book of Patronuses that I had stopped by the library to grab. I flicked it open and started reading. Two hours later, I was flicking bleary-eyed through the book when I found it. The subheading "When Two People Have the Same Patronus."

I started reading excitedly. According to the book, when you have the same Patronus as another person close to you, it means you have deep feelings for each other.

I almost screamed in anger. No. I can't have these so called "deep feelings" for Sirius Black. THE Sirius Black. The one that I hate, the one who purposely breaks girls' hearts by pretending to like them and then breaking up with them. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself then stood up.

Maybe it just means deep feeling of... of... of friendship. Yep. That must be it! I have deep feelings of friendship! Something completely platonic!

I had to go to the Common Room. After grabbing all my belongings, I smartened myself up. I snuck to the Common Room to see no one was there. I glanced at my watch. Dinner ended in fifteen minutes. I raced as fast as I could to the kitchen where I requested some meat and a glass of water to go. The house elves presented me with a platter of pork and a pitcher of water and several plastic cups. I promised them I would return the things I did not own and left them.

I climbed up to Common Room. My watch told me I had three minutes to spare. I started eating while flicking through the 800+ page book of Patronuses. It was very interesting actually. I took a few notes about the Patronus' history and several other interesting things that cought my eye.

The Common Room was slowly filling up with people filled with delicious food. I have pork and meat beats all other food except for chocolate. Suddenly, Sirius materialised beside me.

"What are you reading?" Sirius asked suspiciously.

"It's a book about picking up boys disguised as a book about Patronuses," I joked.

Sirius' eyes narrowed dangerously while I laughed at his expression.

"It was a joke mate. Can't you tell?" James asked from the other side of me.

I stretched, accidently hitting Remus in the face.

"Sorry Remus," I apologized quickly. Remus grinned.

"Idiot. I'm obviously right behind you," he said jokingly.

"I'm at least smarter than those two, er, things over there," I said loudly, gesturing toward James and Sirius.

"Hey! We're near the top of the class!" James protested loudly.

"If the class was upside down! And where am I? Oh, that's right. I'm at the top with Lily," I retaliated. Sirius and James looked down at their feet sheepishly. "That's what I thought," I muttered.