CHAPTER NINETEEN

The next morning, Lily woke me up at five o'clock in the morning

The next morning, Lily woke me up at five o'clock in the morning. We both threatened each other considerably, but I eventually got out of bed. My trunk was laying upside down next to my bed. Lily pulled it upright and set it on my legs. I groaned. My trunk was heavier than I thought it was. I pushed it off of my legs so that I could stand up. My body protested loudly by cracking several times. I hit myself lightly on the arm.

"Don't be lasagna," I whispered to my body.

Lily gave me a weird look.

"Please don't ask," I sighed. Being mature is hard. You can't blame me for being who I am. Even if it's an immature antisocial weirdo. Sometimes I wonder how I have friends. It really confuses me on some days.

I slowly walked over to the bathroom. When I glanced in the mirror, I saw a girl with a red Afro and two black eyes. Actually, it was just my bed head and bags under my eyes, but it was pretty close to a girl with a red Afro and two black eyes.

Lily being a genius had set our clothes that we were wearing today out so that we wouldn't have to get them out of our trunks. I turned on the hot water and started pulling off my clothes. The steam from the shower rose and landed on my face, making me look like I was standing by a waterfall.

Stepping into the shower, I started singing "Oh Darling" by the Beatles. The shower wasn't huge, but it was large enough for me to dance around. I grabbed the soap bar and started singing into it.

"Oh darling!

Please believe me

I'll never do you no har-"

I was cut off by my right foot slipping on excess shampoo that had washed out of my hands when I was washing my hair. I grabbed onto the side of the tub before I could fall completely and hurt myself. A deep breath escaped my lips. That had been close.

The water was starting to get cold and my wand was too far away for me to heat it up, so I turned it off. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me. Another towel went into my hair.

I stepped out of the bathroom to grab my clothes. James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus were all laying on my bed. Remus was reading, Peter was counting M&Ms, James was changing the ceiling's colors, and Sirius was fixing his hair in Lily's mirror. I sighed and they all looked at me.

"Why are you in here?" I asked, starting towards my bed to get my clothes.

"Waiting on you," replied Sirius, turning back to the mirror.

Grabbing my clothes, I stalked back into the bathroom to change. I was applying the last bit of mascara when an angry shriek split the air. I jumped and accidentally drew a long black streak on my cheek. Using my wand, I cleaned it off and went to see what had happened. Lily was standing there, glaring at the three boys.

"You are not allowed in here! I would have thought that Remus could have stopped you, and he really should have!" Lily yelled, steam almost rising out if her hair.