CHAPTER TEN

I woke up the next day and groaned

I woke up the next day and groaned. Sunlight was streaming across my face, and I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. Suddenly, I remembered it was Halloween! I jumped out of bed completely toppling at least three people in my made sprint. Reaching the Common Room, I looked around upon hearing a first year mutter to another, "I heard she's part of the Marauders and to stay away from her. They said she's mentally unstable."

Reminding myself that punching people who are four years younger than me in the face was a bad idea, I turned around and raced towards the Marauder's dormitory. "Rise and shine!" I called, throwing open the curtains and letting the light stream in.

Someone slapped me and I turned around to glare at Sirius. "I hate you," said Sirius, glaring at me.

"Right back at'cha," I responded cheerfully. I then realised that Sirius was not yet dressed and I frowned at him. "Go get dressed," I said disgusted.

"Enjoying the view, Smith?" Sirius called as he searched for clothes.

"Not a chance."

I pushed James around until he woke up and turned around to see that Remus was already awake. "Fantastic! Now I just have to wake Peter up," I grinned. I turned towards Peter's bed to find that he was climbing out of bed. Grinning,  I threw a pair of shoes at James before leisurely exiting their dormitory. I sat on the last step and pulled a book out of my bag. Someone said some smart ass comment about me learning Latin, and I responded cheerfully by saying "fututus et mori in igni." (Fuck off and die in a fire.)

Finally, four half-dressed Marauders came down the stairs, begging me for mercy all at once. I quieted them down and started helping them. I tied James' shoes for him and flattened his hair. I tied Sirius' tie and tried make him at least put on the jumper over the plain, untucked white shirt. I straightened Remus' robes and put his book in his hand. I tied Peter's tie and shoelaces, and I forced him to put on the robes.

"Boys," I muttered as I looked them over to make sure they looked presentable. Nodding, I pulling them downstairs to the Great Hall. "Why didn't you go sit with Lily and the other girls?" Remus asked, glancing at them laughing and talking. "They don't want me on Halloween, so on Halloween, I'm your responsibility," I replied, stuffing bacon, pancakes, and chocolate onto my plate.

"Why?" Sirius asked. I just grinned creepily. I started eating as much as I could, hoping that I could finish before Care of Magical Creatures. Professor Merrythought was our eccentric (I don't use that word lightly) Care of Magical Creatures teacher who was missing half of his body. He had been attacked by so many Magical Creature that I'm surprised that he can still function properly.

The Marauders were laughing and talking about random things, but I was just focused on consuming as much sugar as I could. I could feel someone poking me. I ignored them. Finally, they gave up and I silently celebrated. Maybe the sugar was taking its toll and I was just imagining things. I don't really care, though, because it was Halloween, and I got free candy.