CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Bacon woke me up the next morning

Bacon woke me up the next morning. When the smell of my favorite food wafted through the door. I bolted upright and sniffed the air. Sweet, chewy, meaty, fatty goodness. I hopped out of bed and yawned. I snatched up my blanket and went downstairs.

My mother handed me my caramel coffee and a plate of bacon. I thanked her with a groan of appreciation.

"Thanks, Mumsykins!" I grinned, going up to my room.

I snuggled into my warm bed and grabbed The Fellowship of The Ring. My plate and coffee were sitting next to me and Nox was curled up around my feet. Basically, I was being really lazy, but I didn't care.

The house was silent for once, so I flicked my wand to turn on my record player. It started playing "Let It Be" by The Beatles. I began quietly, subconsciously singing along. Suddenly, my door burst open and Lily flung herself onto my bed.

"Lils!" I exclaimed, sitting up straight.

"Cas!" Lily exclaimed,hugging me tightly.

"Happy Christmas!" I shouted.

"Happy Christmas!" she shouted back.

"I got The Lord of the Rings for Christmas!" I grinned excitedly.

Lily clapped happily. She had read the books a few months ago and she had been trying to get me to read them ever since.

"Where are Marlene and Alice? We gotta get this party started!" I complained.

"Well, maybe they woke up late," suggested Lily.

"Um, no. They better get their bloody asses up here right now or I will cut them," I frowned.

"Ah, that's our Cassio. Threatening people the day after Christmas," a voice said from the doorway.

I spun around and tackled the two figures in the door.

"Alice! Marlene!" I shouted, squeezing them tighter.

"That's us," said Alice in a slightly strangled voice.

"Come on, I wanna open presents!" I whined, breaking apart and pulling them to my bed.

Alice gave out her presents first. She gave Lily a book called 1984 by George Orwell, she gave Marlene some new perfume (she had been complaining about it recently), and she gave me a tank top with a white wolf on it.

Next was Lily's turn. She gave Alice Chocolate Frogs (Alice's favorites), she gave Marlene a book about dating (here, Marlene glared at Lily and her joke), and she gave me a stuffed Dalek. I attacked her with a hug. Marlene was still pouting and Alice was already chewing.

Marlene gave out her gifts next. She gave Alice more Chocolate Frogs and a book about Muggles, she gave Lily Bertie Bott's Beans and the new Phoenix album (Lily's favorite wizard band), and she gave me Pumpkin Pasties and a stuffed white wolf.