CHAPTER NINE

*dedicated to @atrueGryffindor for commenting on the last chapter!!*

I added the last ingredient to the potion and turned around happily. The Marauders looked at me blankly.

"I'm done!" I exclaimed, grinning like a child in a candy store.

James was the first to register the information. A giant grin spread across his face. He raced forward and, snatching me up, spun me around. I laughed and hugged him. "You brilliant, wonderful, FANTASTIC person!" James yelled.

"I know! But beside that fact, we still don't know if it will actually work," I laughed, grabbing his shoulder for balance when he set me down.

"Shut up, Cassio! No one wanted your opinion," James refused childishly.

"It wasn't even an opinion!" I protested. James shook his head.

"You killed the vibe. I don't like you any more," answered James. I rolled my eyes and (maturely) stuck my tongue out at him.

"Do you think it's safe?" Remus asked.

"No idea. Guess we'll find out," I answered, shrugging carelessly. Remus rolled his eyes at me, but he allowed me to approach the cauldron with a flask. I drew out some of the potion and put it to my lips.

I looked around at each Marauder in turn. They all flashed me a grin or a thumbs up. I tilted the flask and let the potion flow into my mouth. Let me just tell you: Felix Felicis does not taste good. If you think it does, I don't know what kind of stories you're been reading because it doesn't. It tastes like all of your hopes and dreams were chopped up into very small pieces, burned, and then their still screaming remains were eaten.

When the last of the potion was in my insides, I shuddered and gagged, dropping the flask with a resounding crash.

"What does it taste like?" Sirius asked, stepping forward cautiously.

"Right, of course. I'm choking over here and he asks what it tastes like," I said sarcastically.

"I just want to know!" Sirius said defensively.

I smirked, already formulating my answer. "It tastes like all of your hopes and dreams were chopped up into very small pieces, burned, and then their still screaming remains were eaten," I answered dramatically. Sirius just stared at me.

Suddenly, Felix (What else do I call the potion? It's hard to explain...) snapped me around to face reality and reality was screaming to hurry.

"Right, if you could form a line please," I instructed like an primary school teacher. The Marauders formed a line of three and I pulled out my wand. Peter was first, so I concentrated on his rat Patronus.

"Mutaverit!" I called, hoping this would actually work. Peter cried out before crumpling into a heap on the floor. I winced and ran over to make sure I hadn't killed him. Grabbing his wrist, I felt for a pulse.