CHAPTER SIXTEEN

There were loud noises all around me

There were loud noises all around me. One of the few downsides of staying in the Hospital Wing. "What time is it? I was a bloody good dream," I grumbled as I sat up groggily. "Five o'clock in the morning," answered a vaguely familiar voice next to me. I groaned in response. "I know," replied the same voice. I wiped my eyes and turned to find the owner of that voice. It sounded horrible. "Remus!" I exclaimed excitedly. "I won't be alone!" I yelled, punching the air. "Miss Smith!" Poppy frowned from across the room. "You know you love me," I replied cheekily.

    Remus was eating chocolate on the bed next to me. "I want chocolate!" I cried. "You're not a werewolf on the day of the full moon," retorted Remus quietly so that only I could hear. "You're no fun," I pouted. Remus glanced around quickly before tossing me two Chocolate Frogs. "Merlin, I love you, Remus!" I exclaimed, ripping the first one open. "Don't let anyone hear you say that. I don't want a ton of rumors started about the two of us," cautioned Remus. I shrugged. "It wouldn't be the first time rumors were spread about me dating someone," I said bitterly.

    When we were in third year, someone started a rumor that James and I were dating. I was attacked (literally) by James' fangirls. Unfortunately, they enlisted the help of Sirius', Remus', and the General Marauders' fangirls. I was in the Hospital Wing for five days. They were punished and we ended the rumor. We still don't know who started the rumor, but if I ever find out, I have sworn to attack them in wolf form. That rumor caused me a lot of pain, both physical and emotional.

    Remus was half asleep, but now that I'm awake, I'm not going back to sleep. I guess it's time to play Let's See How Long It Takes Me To Annoy Madame Pomfrey To Death. One of my personal favorites. I closed the curtains around my bed and rolled out of the deadly trap known as a bed. Unfortunately, I was burnt to a crisp, so that part was painful. I took off the pajamas and put on my school uniform. After that, I got all of my school books (I'm assuming Lily sent them up here after Marlene went up to our dorm) and pretended to be going to school. I walked out of the curtains and started to leave the Hospital Wing.

    I made it outside the door before I was tragically called back. I didn't listen of course and kept walking. Because of my wolf ears, I could hear her chasing after me. I walked into the Great Hall. Since I'm covered with burns, it took me about 45 minutes to change and get ready. The other fifteen minutes were spent waking up and talking to Remus. With my excellent math skills, I knew that it was about six o'clock. That meant that some people would be in the Great Hall. I headed straight to the Gryffindor table. Poppy came running in after me. Luckily for me, I know every single secret passageway in the school, so I was there first.

    "Miss Smith!" Poppy called, running after me. "Are you calling me?" I asked innocently, turning around. "Get back to the Hospital Wing immediately! I will speak to Professor McGonagall about this," Poppy exclaimed. Dang. "If you just want to be in my prescence that much," I sighed dramatically. I turned around and winked at Dumbledore. He smiled at me. I turned back around and followed Poppy out of the Great Hall.