CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Please read the author's note at the bottom

Marlene checked the clock and made a face.

"We'd better change into our robes. We're going to be there in ten minutes," she said.

I groaned. My Muggle clothes were so much better than the robes I had to wear at school. The jumper was just uncomfortable. Not to mention the shoes they made us wear (not that I ever wore them).

I pulled down my trunk and took out my robes, a short white "All you need is love" Beatles shirt, black skinny jeans, and black Converse. After I finished changing, I glanced over at Zoe to find her struggling to put the school shoes on.

"Zoe, trust me on this. Your Converse are so much more comfortable than those shoes ever will be," I said.

"Cassio! You don't need to get her in trouble on her first night here!" scolded Lily. Alice nodded in agreement.

"I'll take the blame if she does get in trouble. Minnie loves me- all that she'll do is give me detention," I shrugged.

"She is telling the truth, Zoe. Converse are a lot more comfortable than the school shoes," added Marlene. I shot her a thankful look.

"I wouldn't want you to get in trouble because of me, Cassio," hesitated Zoe, somewhat concerned for her new friend.

"C'mon, if this doesn't get me in trouble, I'll just find another way to land myself in detention. But I am trying to help you out here," I convinced.

Zoe shrugged. "If you say so."

I grinned in triumph.

********************************

As we got off the train, Zoe pulled a letter out of her pocket.

"This letter is telling me that I need to go to the headmaster's office as soon as I arrive for the Sorting. What the bloody hell does that mean?" Zoe asked.

"I'll take you. I've been there enough times," I offered.

Marlene, Lily, and Alice nodded their approval and I dragged Zoe up to the headmaster's office. Nox wrapped herself around my ankles and I picked her up as I walked.

"Zoe, I don't think you've met my baby. She was staying in the Marauders's compartment," I said.

"She's gorgeous. What's her name?" Zoe asked.

"Zoe, this is Nox. Nox, this is Zoe," I introduced.

Nox meowed her approval and allowed Zoe to pet her gently. When she had had enough, she jumped out of my arms, but she continued to follow us.

"It's funny.  She likes all of my friends except for Alice and Remus," I mused.

"Do you have any other pets? You seem like the kind of person to break that particular rule," inquired Zoe.