CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Three weeks later, we were getting ready for Christmas break

Three weeks later, we were getting ready for Christmas break. McGonagall had already passed around the sheet for us to sign if we were going home for Christmas. When the Marauders and I all signed that we were going home, Minnie eyed us all suspiciously. When she got to me, she asked if they were staying with me. I told her that they were staying with James which is almost as bad. "I'm sorry, Smith," she had said. "I am too," I sighed.

In reality, I love the Marauders. They're my friends as much as they are James' friends. But during Christmas break, they get a little crazy- crazier than usual. There are no teachers around and the adults don't care what we do. That's how cool our parents are. Maybe this year I would have more fun. Last year, I got sick and had to leave the party early. That sucked royal Hippogriff.

We were currently sitting in the Common Room planning what we were taking home for Christmas. It was already a long list. "I think I've got everything on my list," I said, checking it to make sure that everything possible was on there. "Me too," agreed James. When all of the Marauders agreed, I jumped up. "Let's start packing!" I exclaimed.

I ran to their dorm and jumped onto James' bed to wait. They arrived a moment later and I grinned evilly. "Who wants to go first?" I asked. When nobody volunteered, I sighed overdramatically. "Remus! Glad you volunteered!" I cried, hopping onto his bed. I leaned over the edge of his bed and pulled his ratty trunk out from underneath it. Without moving hardly at all, I repaired the trunk to near-perfection. Remus was going to kill me. I set it on top of Remus' bed and he glared at me.

James gave me a small smile from next to me. He knew what I had done. "You didn't have to do that," Remus growled. "No, but I did it anyway," I smiled. Remus pulled out all of his clothes and I started putting them in there. "Why are you helping? I can do this myself," said Remus. "I need to do something, otherwise I might just throw myself off of the Astronomy Tower or something," I joked. That was probably not the right thing to say.

Instantly, the Marauders were swarming me, asking me if I was suicudal and that I needed to talk to someone. "I'm not suicidal! It was a freaking joke," I laughed, pushing them away. They all glare at me, anger clear in their eyes. "Oops?" I said cautiously. "You know what you deserve?" James asked furiously, a mischeivious glint in his eyes. "What?" I whispered. "Tickling," replied James. My eyes widened in fear. "Please no! Anything but that!" I begged, backing away slowly, my hands up in a defensive position.

James ran towards me and started tickling me. An evil smirk was on his face. He started tickling me, laughing like a maniac from Azkaban. "I bloody hate you, James!" I yelled through my laughter. He knew exactly where I was ticklish thanks to our childhood. "You so don't hate me," grinned James. Suddenly, one of my arms had a "spasm" and I "accidently" punched Sirius in the face. Oops. The other Marauders had been huddling around, cheering James on and laughing at me. I think that they realised the downsides to this arrangement now.

Finally, a really long time later, James got tired of tickling me and got off of me. I curled up into a ball and wiped the tears of laughter off of my face. "You lot are the spawn of the Devil," I muttered, hiding my face from view. "Aww, don't say that about your future husband, sweetheart. It won't get you anywhere in life,"whispered Sirius from right next to my head. I jumped, not expecting someone to be right next to me. That had all retreated with James, knowing that I was going to recover amd attack them for revenge.