CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Disclaimer: J

Disclaimer: J. K. Rowling wrote 95% of this chapter. I just changed and added a few things.

O.W.L.s suck, but nothing is worse than the weeks of laborious preparation before them. I must have written more essays in the past year than any of the four previous years combined. On top of all of that, I actually studied a little bit for the first time. Let's just say that fifth year was the hardest year I've suffered through so far. Even my first year, or the "Hell Year" as I like to call it, can't top all the awful things I had to do this year. I also started getting those awful flashbacks in my dreams at night.

As I walked to our Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L with Lily, Marlene, Alice, and Zoe, we discussed everything we had done in the past year. Since the girls didn't know about anything the boys and I got up to, I had to exclude three quarters of my year from my monologue.

"Is anyone else nervous about this test?" Zoe asked, looking up briefly from the textbook she was somehow reading while she walked. One thing we had learned about Zoe over the past year, especially this year, was that she was a nervous test-taker. She always studied for hours before a test happened. In other words, she was the complete opposite of me in that sense.

"No. I know this material like the back of my hand," I replied confidently.

"I think I know what I'm doing. I'm just really worried that I won't be able to answer all the questions on vampires," said Alice. "We didn't spend a lot of time studying them."

"You'll do fine, Alice. As for me, I don't care what I make on these tests. As long as I pass, it doesn't matter in my eyes," Marlene scoffed. I high fived her.

"Mar knows what she's talking about," I grinned.

"Well, we all know that Lily and Cassio at least are going to get Outstanding. Cassio doesn't need to study to do perfect," pointed out Alice.

"Lily doesn't have to study either! She already perfect!" I exclaimed, gently shoving Lily.

"I'm not perfect!" Lily denied, shaking her head at me.

"Stop lying, Lils. You're smart, pretty, funny. You've got James bloody Potter chasing after you!" Zoe jumped in.

"Potter is nothing but arrogance. I'm surprised he can even fit through a doorway with his enormous ego," Lily sniffed.

"He's still hot!" Marlene, our personal adviser on all boy problems, pointed out.

"Bloody gorgeous!" Alice agreed.

All heads swiveled toward me. I raised my hands in a defensive position.

"I've known James my entire life. I refuse to call that absolute nerd hot," I said defiantly.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot that you have Sirius bloody Black," smirked Marlene.

"Black isn't mine, and I certainly don't like him!" I answered hotly.