CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Torture is the only word that can describe what I was going through

Torture is the only word that can describe what I was going through. It was the eve of Christmas Eve and James' party started in four hours. And guess how I was spending the next four hours? Being turned into some beauty queen by Lily.

She has this idea that I need to look perfect and I love dressing up as much as the next girl, but four hours is a bit extreme, isn't it? I suppose it's two hours for me and two hours for Lily. But still. I would rather be downstairs eating then upstairs for four hours getting poked in the face.

"If you just sat still, we could get this over with much faster," Lily chided.

"I'm sorry. I had an itch on my cheek," I complained.

"We aren't even done with your foundation yet. We should be done with your eyes by now," said Lily.

"Maybe you should work faster," I joked.

"Maybe you should stop complaining and sit still," Lily responded.

I stuck my tongue out at her in the mirror. She stuck her tongue right back out at me. We laughed at our own childish antics.

"Did you bring food up here?" I asked, picking up a book.

"No, I actually didn't think about it," Lily replied.

"You didn't think about food?!" I exclaimed, sitting up straighter and looking at her in the mirror.

"It wasn't my first priority," complained Lily.

"I'm going to make it your first priority some day Lily. What if you had to survive in the woods for two days? What would your first priority be then?" I asked.

"Food," said Lily.

"Exactly," I smiled.

"But this isn't us surviving in the woods for two days Cassio. This is us getting ready for a Christmas party," reasoned Lily.

"Shh Lily. I sounded smart there," I smirked.

"You never sound smart," laughed Lily.

"Hey, keep in mind I'm doing your makeup later. I could do a terrible job, you know," I smiled.

"You would never do that to me," Lily said.

"Of course I would," I smirked.

Lily lightly smacked my cheek. She put something away in her makeup bag and smiled at my reflection.

"Done with your foundation," she announced happily.

"Oh yay," I said.

"Time to move on to the eyes," I sighed.

An hour and a half later, Lily was done with my makeup and I was starting with hers. Lily was much easier to apply makeup to than me. I liked to move around a lot. She stayed pretty still.

When I finished her makeup, I made my mum bring us food. I was starving and I knew that we were going to be up here for a little while.

Lily made me put my dress on first. I hadn't forgotten how beautiful it was. I sighed inwardly. Maybe one day I would have a boyfriend that would tell me I looked beautiful in that dress. But today is not that day and I'm going to accept that.

I made Lily put her's on next. It hadn't gotten any less pretty. I forced her to spin around so that I could get a better look at her dress.

"Accessories!" Lily exclaimed.

Over the years, we had built up a supply of accessories. For every occasion, we always said. Our plans had always been to shop for our weddings together. If I ever even got married, we could carry through with our plans.

You see, I'm not like Sirius. I don't date everybody just for the fun of it. I actually want to find someone that I'll be happy with. I doubt Sirius will ever get married. He'll probably just date everyone that he can, but never get married.

Lily and I put on our matching silver arm bands. They wrapped around our upper arms. Then she made me put on silver earrings. She had to practically had to hold me down to put a light blue choker around my neck.

I put golden hoop earrings on Lily. She already put on her silver arm band like mine. She was much easier to put a choker on. I made sure that the choker perfectly matched her dress.

Suddenly, Lily gasped.

"We forgot the gloves!" She whispered in horror.

My eyes widened and we dived for our box of gloves. At some point last summer, we organized this box to a place where all of the pairs of gloves were in bags together. I'm not sure why we suddenly had the inspiration to do such a thing, but apparently we were motivated enough to completely reorganize my room in one night.

I gave Lily the emerald green gloves that went up to the tip of the arm band. We couldn't cover up the arm band, now could we? I pulled out a pair of icy blue gloves that came up to my elbow. I snickered as I realized that the theme I was sporting tonight was ice blue and my nickname is Icelock. The irony never stops, does it?

"We only have one last thing to put on," I said, dramatically putting my hand on Lily's arm.

"Whatever could that be?" Lily asked, playing along.

"We need cloaks!" I exclaimed, pointing at the sky.

We both laughed and went to my closet. I have a bit of an obsession with cloaks. They looked so cool when I walked that I was almost always wearing one. Lily handed me a fancy black cloak. I threw it over my shoulders and posed.

"You look beautiful, Cassio," laughed Lily.

"I know," I smirked.

Lily rolled her eyes. I stepped past her and looked into the closet. A glittery, almost see-through, gold cloak caught my eye. I picked it up and put it on Lily.

"You can look in the mirror first," I offered.

Lily stepped forward and looked at herself. She turned around a few times and stared at herself.

"I look so... Different," Lily said.

"Is it a good kind of different?" I asked nervously.

"I look beautiful, Cassio!" Lily exclaimed.

She hugged me gently then pushed me forward to look at myself.

At first, all I did was stare. The girl in the mirror couldn't be me. She was so pretty, but she had my face. It was like I had gotten plastic surgery, looked amazing, but still somehow looked like myself. It was a strange but wonderful combination.

"Wow," was all I could manage to say.

Lily started to squeal and she hugged me gently again. We pulled apart and I nervously straightened my choker.

"Are you ready?" Lily asked.

"Nope," I replied, grabbing her arm and stepping toward the door, pretending that I was confident.

A/N:

Oops. So it's almost been a month again. But I had writer's block. Plus, it's almost Christmas! That's if you celebrate Christmas of course. It's actually 2:30 AM Christmas Eve morning where I live, so yeah. Maybe if I write fast enough, I can post tomorrow as a Christmas present. But if not, then here it is.

Merry Christmas!

Happy holidays!

Love you guys!