kirizono - on the phone at 3

happy Tuesday, and sorry for not posting for a month and a half. I was.. on a walk. anyway, this is based off of the lyrics, "Call me on the phone at three, I'll talk you while half asleep" from fool by cavetown.
———————————————————————

It was 3:26am. Kyoko was up late finishing a case, but she figured she could really use a break. Something (or someone) to ease her mind.. you know? Make the stress go away, even if just for a few minutes.

So she called Sayaka. She knew Sayaka might be sleeping, but in all honesty, that just made it better. She'll get to hear Sayaka's raspy-half-asleep voice.

The phone rang three times, then Sayaka picked up in the middle of the fourth ring.

"Kyoko? .. what time is it?" Sayaka asked, in that voice Kyoko adored so much.

"It's ah," Kyoko glanced at her alarm clock, "3:34am."

"Wow, it's late... you up with a case again?"

"Yeah. I wanted to hear your voice before finishing it up.."

"You're too adorable. Literally. I might die of a heart attack."

"I'm not cute. I'm cool and.. dignified." Kyoko argued, pouting.

"Dignified enough to sit on my lap and let me do your eyeliner?" Sayaka smiled, reminiscing on that time.

"..no comment."

Sayaka was silent for a moment.

"Could you come over? I need a pretty girl in my arms.. like right now." The ultimate idol demanded.

"I suppose this can wait until tomorrow.. I'll be over in five."

"See you."

"See you." Kyoko replied, hanging up. She quickly gathered all of her work things and put them away, then she was on her way to Sayaka's dorm.

When she got there, the door was already unlocked. When she looked inside, she saw Sayaka sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Took you long enough." Sayaka complained, yawning.

"It hasn't even been three minutes since we got off the phone." Kyoko smiled, sitting next to Sayaka.

"But I was so lonely without my favorite girl.." Sayaka leaned on Kyoko, pulling her into an embrace.

Kyoko blushed, but wrapped her arms around Sayaka nonetheless. "Well, I'm here now."

Sayaka was quiet for a while, just basking in Kyoko's warmth.

"Let's go to sleep.. You've gotta be tired."

"I am, really." Kyoko pulled away from Sayaka's embrace and got underneath the blankets. Sayaka got up to turn off the light, then she laid down right next to Kyoko.

Kissing her detective's forehead, Sayaka sighed. "You know, I'll never approve of you pushing yourself this hard for work."

"Yes, I know. But I won't think about that right now."

"It's alright." Sayaka took Kyoko in her arms, "Just please try and get some rest."

Before Sayaka knew it, Kyoko was sleeping silently. Before Sayaka went to sleep herself, she decided to watch over Kyoko for a few minutes, enjoying the fact that she was the only one who could see Kyoko like this.

But alas, she ended up falling asleep.

Thus, the two girls slept quietly, just enjoying each other's company.

———————————————————————
word count: 492
this is really short, but it's supposed to be. all of this was actually written yesterday from 2-4am. i couldn't sleep. when i first come back from being gone like this i never be knowing what to say. s-sorry for d-disappearing f-for a m-month uwu.. i-it won't h-happen again.. >_< or something like that, i think.