Nanamiki - spider

Hbd Sayaka,, I would post kirizono or something, but I hate all of the kirizono I'm done with. This is short, and a non-despair au. I never proofread anything anymore lmao
————————————————————————

It was almost 10pm, but Mikan and Chiaki were having so much fun together, going to sleep seemed irrelevant. Playing various video games with your girlfriend had proved itself to be an awfully fun activity. They just couldn't put their controllers down.

So far, they'd played Mario Kart, Minecraft, Super Smash Bro's Ultimate, and at this very moment, they were playing Kirby: Star Allies.

(A/N: calling it anything but smash is revolting.)

"Miki, watch out for that." Chiaki gestured to one of the game's enemies. "It hurts a lot."

"Alright." Mikan was determined not to die. Chiaki had taken her to the dream palace to get the character she was playing as, and she didn't want to ruin this.

They played for quite a while, too distracted to even check the time. Around an hour later, Chiaki noticed something.

"Mikan, look." Chiaki pointed to the corner of the room, where a spider was literally just vibing.

Mikan screamed, dropped her controller, and cling onto Chiaki.

"Are you scared of spiders?" Chiaki asked. If Mikan did just happen to be afraid of spiders, Chiaki would definitely be using this chance to impress her.

Mikan nodded. She'd never, not in a million years, want to bring harm upon any type of creature, so she really just wanted the spider to not be within 100 feet of her. Although, she worried that spiders could read her mind and she was hurting their feelings.

Chiaki opted for her girlfriend to be as comfortable as possible at all times, so she'd have to remove the spider from the premises.

"I got it." Chiaki smiled softly. Chiaki had never really been afraid of spiders, even in Minecraft. Chiaki exited the room, Mikan trailing behind her. she grabbed a cup and a piece of card board that she had for the sake of convenience. After Chiaki trapped she spider, she intended on taking it outside.

She put her shoes on and went outside. Again, Mikan followed closely behind. She didn't expect it to have been so dark. When she went outside, she realized that the spider would probably get stepped on in their dormitory.

"Don't you think the spider might get stepped on?" Chiaki asked, glancing at the spider that she may or may not name Liam.

"P-probably.. wanna take it farther out?" Mikan stared directly at the stars, also a bit surprised by how dark it was. By now, both girls were walking.

"Yeah. There's that field on the way to school. I think that Liam would like it there."

"L-liam?"

"I've decided to name them Liam. Doesn't it suit them?" Chiaki smiled wholesomely.

Mikan swallowed. She didn't have the heart to say no. "Y-yeah."

They made small talk on the way the field, but it wasn't too far so they were there in a matter of minutes.

Chiaki released the spider. "Goodbye, uh.. Liam!"

"B-bye, Liam." Mikan muttered, seeing Liam go.

Liam walked into the grass.

"What now?" Chiaki asked, turning to Mikan.

"Let's g-go back. It s-seems pretty late." Mikan looked around. "Do you k-know what time it is?"

"Uhhhm," Chiaki turned her phone on. "It's 11:41."

Mikan gasped. "We should hurry back. We h-have school in the morning."

"Alright." Chiaki smiled. "Onward!" Mikan giggled. Chiaki really was her girlfriend. 'I'm so lucky,' Mikan thought.

(A/N: I just woke up and it's 3am?? My back is killing me and I want Mountain Dew.)

Chiaki took time to look around. It was pretty dark. She should've noticed on the way there. Maybe she was just too focused on Liam. At least now she could focus on Mikan.

She glanced over at Mikan. The moonlight highlighted her features perfectly. Chiaki's face flushed red. Mikan really was her girlfriend.. was she dreaming?

"Mikan, could you pinch me?" Chiaki asked.

"H-huh? Pinch you? W-why?" Mikan seemed confused.

"I feel like I'm dreaming."

Mikan frowned slightly. She didn't want to pinch her girlfriend. What else could she do to Make this seem as real as it was? Suddenly Mikan got an idea.

Chiaki was waiting patiently for Mikan to pinch her. It came as a surprise when Mikan kissed her. Yeah, she wasn't dreaming.. The way her heart skipped a beat was very very real.

Once they disconnected, Chiaki nodded. "I'm definitely awake."

Mikan smiled and tilted her head slightly to the left and smiled. "I'm glad." Chiaki's face flared up again.

Eventually, the two of them got back to Chiaki's dorm. Mikan showered while Chiaki cleaned up. Mikan had insisted on helping, but Chiaki insisted that she could do it. Chiaki would just shower in the morning.

Once Mikan got out of the shower, she could see Chiaki sitting on the bed, playing her handheld. When she saw Mikan, she saved her game and sat it down. She smiled when she saw that Mikan was wearing one of her shirts.

"S-should I turn off the light?" Mikan asked, standing by the light.

"Please." Chiaki pulled the bedsheets over her head. She was sleepy. Mikan turned the light off and got into bed by Chiaki.

The Ultimate Gamer wrapped her arms around Mikan's waist, and rested her head in the crook of Mikan's neck.

"Night, Mikan."

"G-goodnight, Chiaki." Mikan smiled.

————————————————————————
Word count: 909
I wonder if anyone actually plays sports like sports animes portray it. Like, I run track and play basketball, and I don't think it's ever like that?? Like I never cry when I'm a starter, and I never scream when I get a good jump? I really like basketball and I always have a lot of fun, but like???