Kirizono - confession

It's 12:17 but it's technically Tuesday and I'm anxious so I'll post this. This is a non-despair au, but literally everything always is.
———————————————————————-
Kyoko and Sayaka hung out quite a lot. There really was no reason for it, though. It kind of just happened. Of course, they'd met through Naegi, and they sort of just, coexisted friendly?

Really, it was painfully obvious that they were crushing on each other. Everyone except the two of them knew.

One day, the topic of 'crush' was brought up somewhere in their conversation. Sayaka explained how wonderful her crush was, and how she dreamed of marrying them one day, while Kyoko denied that she had a crush at all.

"Really? There isn't anyone that makes your heart skip a beat? Like at all?" Sayaka pried.

"Definitely not. I don't have enough time." Kyoko shuffled through some papers, looking through her old cases.

"Hmm.. okay! That's what we'll work on, then.  Getting you someone to love!" Sayaka smiled warmly. Maybe if she tried hard enough, Kyoko would like her back. She'd have to plan this out carefully.

"We shouldn't." Kyoko felt like blushing. Her crush wanted her to have a crush? Odd. Kyoko knew that Sayaka liked someone else already. It was probably Naegi, since she seemed to stick around him. Still, she recognized her feelings, and repressed them.

"And why not? It'll be fun!" The idol took both of Kyoko's gloved hands in her own, a light pink coating her cheeks.

Sayaka swore she saw Kyoko blush.

"Fine. But if it doesn't work, you can't complain."

"Oh, trust me, it will." Sayaka glanced at the clock, "Oh, I have rehearsals in thirty minutes! See you tomorrow morning Kyoko!" Sayaka waved as she left Kyoko's dorm.

Kyoko waved back and smiled slightly. She'd never been this much of a mess before. She looked into the mirror. For a moment there, she slipped. She had blushed, in front of Sayaka.

'Oh, well.' Kyoko thought. 'What does it matter anyway?'

She might as well head to her office now, or else she'd never finish the cases she'd been assigned.

While the detective worked, she heard her phone vibrate. She glanced at it to see that Sayaka had texted her. If anyone else had texted her, she would've ignored it. But.. Sayaka was special, and she couldn't miss out on a conversation with her.

Sayaka: hiiiiiiiiiii kyokooooo

Sayaka: rehearsals are so fun

Sayaka: how's your detective work??

Kyoko: Sayaka, you know I'm in my office right now.

Sayaka: please?? I'll have to go in a second too

Kyoko sighed. This girl really was persistent.

Kyoko: okay, then. My detective work is okay. It's not fun, but it isn't boring. It's just what I have to do.

Sayaka: maybe one day we can make each other's jobs more fun

Sayaka: anyway I have to go now!! Byeee

Kyoko: bye, Sayaka.

The detective felt a small smile creep to her lips. Sayaka's little antics never fail to make Kyoko happy. When her smile faded, she sighed. She needed to get over this.

After a few hours, she went back home. Kyoko was determined to finish this case, so she brought the files home. She might be staying up late tonight.