Nanamiki - accident

I like to write angst, I just don't do it that often, cause I specialize in fluff. Non despair au, angst. I think I proofread it but I can't really remember
————————————————————————

Usually, Mikan liked being in the hospital. Being able to see people taking care of other people, and taking care of other people was always nice.

This time was different, though. She didn't like the hospital when she was sobbing uncontrollably by her lover's bed. This was definitely on her 'top ten worst hospital visits' list.

Even though Chiaki was sleeping, her hand was still as warm as ever. Even though it was bruised, Chiaki's face still looked so peaceful.

Mikan wished she could be that peaceful. She wished she could lay down beside Chiaki and feel Chiaki's warm, welcoming arms wrap around her. Mikan hadn't slept well in days. It seemed as though every time she closed her eyes, nightmares plagued her mind.

What if Chiaki didn't wake up? There really was no guarantee that she would. Mikan knew better than anyone. She didn't want to know, though. She convinced herself over and over that Chiaki would wake up, and they could continue their happy lives together.

When it all came crashing down, Mikan knew it was 50/50 with this kind of accident.

As much as Mikan wanted Chiaki to wake up, she knew that Chiaki would be in horrible pain. Mikan didn't want that. She couldn't even stand to see Chiaki get a paper cut. How would she manage?

Mikan could remember it very vividly. She'd only gotten a call, but it was the worst kind of call she could've ever received. The call was from Chiaki's phone, but the very nice ambulance people had called her.

"Hello?" They said, "Do you know Chiaki Nanami? She.. she um, told us to call you first.."

"Y-yes. Why?" In this very moment, Mikan began panicking. She could hear the familiar beeping of various machines that belonged in a hospital, which was definitely a bad sign.

"I'm sorry to say, she's been in an accident. She was awake long enough to tell us her name and.. well, to call you."

Mikan began hyperventilating. 'No time for tears, no time for tears,' She silently told herself. "Are y-you in the ambulance n-now? Where are.. where are you t-taking her?"

"(Hospital name or something), Ma'am. Will you be here?" The ambulance driver asked.

"O-of course!" Mikan put her shoes on. Just moments ago, she was waiting for Chiaki to come back from the store. Now, she'd be rushing to the hospital. What was happening?

As much as Mikan hated to remember the moment she'd found out, every second of it replayed in her head nearly every other minute.

Just after everyone found out that Chiaki was in the hospital, they'd all visited her. They brought flowers, and certain games they'd think Chiaki would enjoy. Everyone had come in looking extremely sad, and many tears were shed.

Hajime stayed the second longest, aside from Mikan, of course. He'd cried plenty, a sight Mikan thought she'd never see. Either of them couldn't really work up the courage to talk to each other, so they'd both just cry silently.

Mikan knew that Chiaki didn't want this. Mikan knew very well that Chiaki would want her to take care of herself better, but she just couldn't. What was the point? If she didn't have Chiaki, she didn't want anything else.

She'd stopped going to school, and could feel her sanity slowly slipping away from her.

(A/N: just woke up and it's 1am. Went to take a drink of the Mountain Dew I left in the fridge. I drank it, but I did not taste that shit.)