Nanamiki/Kirizono - fine wine

So I'm back,, it ended up not being as big of a deal as I'd thought. I'm still not finished with the request tho lmao. This is a non despair au, and in this, everyone's over 21 cause dats da legal drinking age where I live.
————————————————————————

~Nanamiki is firsttt~

Wine. Chiaki Nanami's fiancé, Mikan Tsumiki, enjoyed wine. Chiaki didn't care much for it. It was bitter, and Chiaki couldn't even imagine how it tasted anything like grapes.

Whenever Chiaki drank wine, she'd always choose sweeter alternatives. Still, Mikan chose plain old bitter wine, but Chiaki didn't mind that much. It was a bit rare that the two decided to drink, anyway.

They never went to bars, since they really weren't the 'stay out all night and get wasted' type. Sure, they could go without staying out all night and getting wasted, but if they did, they'd be sure to encounter something they didn't want to. It had been learned from experience.

So, they stayed inside and drank together.

Sometimes, they'd play games together. This time was one of those times. Mikan had gotten especially good at Mario Kart by now, since she'd been playing with Chiaki for years.

At this point, she was even a challenge for Chiaki. It made Chiaki happy that she was able to teach someone how to play the game so well.

"Get ready, Miki." Chiaki grinned. There was no way she was going to lose.

"I was born ready," Mikan smiled softly.

How can someone so cute be so aggressive in Mario Kart?? It didn't make much sense to Chiaki. But it didn't matter. She was going to bring her A-game and win.

She lost. Technically, she got second place, but to her, Mikan had won.

Mikan smiled at her. "The cup isn't over yet."

"Yeah." Chiaki turned back to the screen. She wasn't angry. In fact, she was happy that she'd be getting married to the love of her life and a absolute boss at Mario Kart soon. Definite win-win.

Chiaki glanced at her engagement ring. She was going to win this one, for their marriage.

She won. Chiaki smiled. "But the cup's still not over, right, Miki?"

"Right." Mikan leaned on Chiaki's shoulder, basking in her warmth. She was slightly wine drunk, and a little sleepy. It was a sleepy Friday night, and she'd gotten home from work only a few hours ago.

Chiaki inched closer, welcoming cuddling. Truth be told, her mind was also pretty foggy. It wasn't going to stop her from winning this cup though.

This next track was pretty extreme.

"Aww, Chi, that wasn't nice." Mikan whined.

"I can see that you have a red shell," Chiaki glanced at Mikan. She'd known Mikan for long enough to tell that she was planning something.

"You're not supposed to look!" Mikan joked.

"I just couldn't help myself." Chiaki smirked, knowing that Mikan would probably get embarrassed.

Her smirk quickly disappeared when she was hit by a red shell.

"Miki!" Chiaki pouted while Mikan smiled.

"Love you too," Mikan smiled, taking the lead.

Mikan won that race.

"Mikan!" Chiaki whined, falling over Mikan's lap dramatically.