Nanamiki - blood

welcome to spooky szn, and good morning lgbtq+ community!! it was a little hard to pick this one shot out because I write so much questionable Nanamiki. Mafia au is just chillen in the drafts rn. Trigger warnings below.
————————————————————————

(Tw: stabbing, blood, death, drugging.)

Blood. A little bit of blood (or even a lot) didn't bother Chiaki Nanami. It was common place for her now. The blood, the rush, and then the bored feeling that always came afterward. Just a cycle that continued over and over.

But for what? All for Hajime. Every person she killed, it was all for none other than Hajime Hinata. Of course, she wouldn't kill anyone in her own class, but, anyone else who got too close to him, or was even mean to him, they'd be dead by morning. (She didn't kill his family members tho cause that's messed up.)

Hajime thought he was cursed, and Chiaki reassured him that curses definitely weren't real. Well, that's what she thought, until people that got close to Hajime started turning up dead before she could get to them.

Everyone that she didn't get to first had always overdosed on something lethal, Chiaki supposed. There was never any blood, or even a sign of anyone touching them at all. But really, she was sure that all of these perfectly fine people didn't just start overdosing at the same time.

Maybe Hajime was cursed. Or, someone who specialized in medicine was after him too. Chiaki wasn't stupid, usually. She just couldn't think of anyone who specialized in medicine. So she concluded that Hajime was cursed.

Which honestly made things better for her.

Until she found out that Hajime was, in fact, not cursed.

One day, while she was staking out to murder someone, (a typical Tuesday,) she found out that she wasn't the only teen girl at Hopes Peak that killed people.

"Mikan?" Chiaki almost screamed, while she was lurking around, her and Mikan had bumped heads.

"U-uhm.. C-Chiaki!" Mikan was shocked. Why was Chiaki crawling around in someone's backyard?

"Why are you here?" Chiaki slipped her pocket knife into her cat backpack.

"I-I d-don't know! I-I'm sorry! F-forgive me!" Mikan panicked.

"I'm not mad at you, there's no need to apologize." Chiaki stayed calm, hoping Mikan wouldn't ask why she was here.

"T-thank you!" Mikan calmed down slightly. She needed to get out of here. "Uhm.. I h-have to go now.."

"Oh, me too. See you at school tomorrow." Chiaki waved to Mikan, crawling out of the backyard that they had just met in.

Mikan also waved, leaving the backyard.

Once far enough away, Chiaki muttered to herself. "What just happened?"

~later~

It didn't occur to Mikan until later. Why was Chiaki crawling around someone's backyard? Was she there for the same reason that Mikan was? Surely she wasn't. Chiaki would never lay a finger on someone.. but according to everyone else, neither would she.

Mikan didn't sleep much that night.

Chiaki also didn't sleep much that night.

~the next morning~

"Woah, Chiaki, it looks like you've been awake for a few years." Hajime teased.

Chiaki's cheeks were brushed with a light pink. "Games." Although, games weren't the reason that she was awake all night. It was Mikan. Why was Mikan lurking through a backyard at night? Was she there for the same reason that Chiaki was? Chiaki had to know.