Nanamiki - argument

This is based off of "What I Say Doesn't Matter" by Kuzu Mellow. I kinda sorta proofread this? But not really.
————————————————————————

Chiaki sighed as tears rolled down her cheeks. Mikan had just ran out of her dorm, crying.

The two of them had gotten into an argument over something stupid. It was their first argument ever, so Chiaki had absolutely no idea what to do.

She should apologize. This was her fault, anyway. Maybe if she could've kept quiet she would've never hurt Mikan's feelings. Chiaki wiped her tears so she could find her phone, but her tears just kept coming.

"I'm sorry, M-Miki.. I should have been quiet.. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I love you." She mumbled, still trying to wipe her tears.

Chiaki cried for a good ten minutes, until she had to go to the bathroom. When she got out, she suddenly remembered the party that their class was having. Chiaki gasped. She was supposed to go with Mikan!

What would she do now? Maybe she just shouldn't go.. But Mikan would be there! Chiaki had no doubt that Mikan would still go.

Maybe Chiaki could apologize at the party? Yeah! That's what she'd be doing. She wiped her tears, suddenly overcome by a sense of confidence.

She ran back into her bathroom, and looked into the mirror. She was looking pretty rough. Despite that, she slapped both of her cheeks.

"Alright!" She exclaimed. Determined to apologize to Mikan.

Ah, but what would happen after that? What if Mikan still wasn't ready to talk to her? We'll cross that bridge when we get there, Chiaki thought.

(A/N: my dad always says that to me,)

On Mikan's end, Mikan was still trying to stop crying. She had to go to the party. She had to see Chiaki. Even though she doubted Chiaki would want to talk to her, just watching from afar was enough for her.

Mikan felt like this was all her fault. She should've just stayed quiet. Most people liked her better that way, anyway. She shouldn't have ran away, but she just couldn't help it.

She knew that she had to leave before she just made things worse. And now she was going to a party just to watch Chiaki have fun without her. How pathetic.

As Mikan finally got her tears to stop coming, she texted Mahiru and asked if she could go to the party with her, Ibuki, and, Hiyoko. Without asking, Mahiru said yes. Mikan silently thanked her for not asking why she wouldn't be going with Chiaki.

Mikan looked down at the shirt she was wearing. It was one of Chiaki's shirts. Maybe she should give it back now? No.. Mikan didn't think she was ready to give all of Chiaki's shirts and hoodies up yet.

They were still dating after all, right?

...right?

~at the party~

Just as Mikan has suspected, Chiaki ended up coming with Hajime. She envied him. Ever since she'd began to date Chiaki, she always felt as if Hajime had something she didn't. Even after her and Chiaki had gotten into an argument, Chiaki went back to Hajime.

Mikan wondered if Chiaki had told him awful things about her.

Chiaki looked pretty normal, for the most part. Although, Mikan noticed that her usual neutral resting face had turned sour. It was more like a depressing frown now. Mikan sighed, knowing that this was all her fault.

On the other hand, Chiaki noticed that Mikan's usual nervous demeanor had turned more into a sad one. She seemed too caught up in her own mind to be nervous about her surroundings.