Nanamiki - rain

We had sixty nine followers for a solid six days. Epic. This is a non-despair au.
————————————————————————

The bell rang, signaling that it was time for most of the students at hopes peak to return to their dorms. Mikan Tsumiki and her girlfriend, Chiaki Nanami, were excited to get back to Chiaki's dorm and play Minecraft.

There was just one thing though. It was raining, and neither of them had brought an umbrella. How could this happen? Mikan made sure to check the weather every single morning!

Well, maybe not this morning. The two girls were.. doing other things this morning.

But never mind that. What should they do now? They could wait until the rain stopped, but now that Mikan checked the weather, it wasn't supposed to stop until around 9pm.

"I say we run back." A glint of determination could be seen in Chiaki's eyes as she looked over at Mikan.

"R-run back? We could get sick though.." Mikan looked down, considering if they should go or not.

"I mean, if we get sick, we can get sick together? Plus, just this once, let's not think about the consequences." Chiaki grabbed onto Mikan's hand. Mikan nodded, and Chiaki smiled.

Stepping out of Hopes Peak, Chiaki giggled. She hadn't had fun in the rain in a while. As she started running, Mikan made sure to stay closely behind.

While running, Chiaki would occasionally slip and slide, which just added to the experience. Meanwhile, Mikan was struggling to keep her balance. She saw that Chiaki was having fun, so she wanted to try her best to keep a smile on her girlfriend's face.

All of what she'd planned was ruined when she tripped and couldn't recover. She let out a small yelp, expecting to hit the harsh bricks in just a few moments. Instead of hitting the ground, Mikan could feel Chiaki's arm on her back.

Mikan slowly opened her eyes, seeing Chiaki staring straight at her.

"I-I.." Mikan's voice trailed off. She could feel her train of thought moving off to some other station. Did Chiaki always look like this? Not that she wasn't always beautiful! It's just.. the timing was too perfect.

Chiaki's hair was damp, and getting more and more moist as each second passed. Her lips were slightly parted, and her pretty pink eyes were pouring straight into Mikan's dull purplish-grey ones.

(A/N: I try to avoid the word "moist" because it makes people so uncomfortable lol.)

Absentmindedly, Chiaki closed her eyes and leaned in for a kiss. Knowing what Chiaki was doing, Mikan closed her eyes and let herself be kissed. When they parted, Chiaki helped Mikan steady herself.

"Maybe we should go slow? We're not too far away." Chiaki smiled softly at Mikan, who was blushing.

"I-I'm sorry for ruining your fun! W-we can run again, I'll b-be fine!" Mikan stared down at the ground, preparing herself.

"No, it's okay. It wouldn't be any fun if you got hurt." Chiaki began walking, and so did Mikan.

Mikan didn't really know what to say. "T-thank you!"

"Hm? For what?" Chiaki looked genuinely confused. What could Mikan possibly be thanking her for?

"For everything," Mikan gushed, "You're so nice t-to me.. I don't k-know if I'll e-ever be able to repay you.."

"You don't need to repay me. I think that just your smile is enough for me." Chiaki mentally pumped her fist into the air. That came out so smoothly!

Mikan's face turned into a much, much, deeper red. How could Chiaki be so smooth? It was so refreshing, technically Mikan's equivalent to a fresh breath of air.

Without even knowing, Mikan let out a little squeak of surprise.

"We're here." Chiaki murmured, digging for her keys in her bag. Once she got them out, she unlocked the door and opened it. "You first."

Mikan stepped inside. Chiaki always let her go inside first. And every time after she'd say,

"Chivalry is not dead!"

And then Mikan would giggle. Chiaki is so nice.

After getting inside, the two decided that they'd shower. Mikan first (despite her insisting that Chiaki go first), and Chiaki second.

Chiaki stared out of the window.

"When do you think it'll stop raining?" Chiaki asked, looking away from the window and grabbing hers and Mikan's controllers.

"I-it is raining pretty hard, it probably won't be until morning." Mikan sat on Chiaki's bed.

"Wouldn't that be nice? Don't you like the rain?" Chiaki asked, turning her switch on.

"I just like the sound. It helps me sleep. B-but when I-I'm here I don't really need any h-help so.." Mikan mentally facepalmed for fumbling her last sentence so much. When Mikan saw Chiaki open her mouth to speak, she smiled softly. Chiaki always saw through her stuttering.

"I'm happy that you can sleep here. Well, technically you can't, but basically, you can." Chiaki handed Mikan her controller. "Let's play." 

"Ok!" Mikan smiled nervously.

~later~

It'd been at least an hour since the two of the girls had started playing Minecraft. Now, Chiaki was resting her head on Mikan's lap.

"Should we start farming? I mean, we wouldn't have to kill any more animals.." Chiaki suggested, looking up at Mikan.

"Okay! But, wouldn't we have to have seeds?" Mikan asked.

"Yeah. I'll go get some." Chiaki went to go get some seeds. "Woah, Mikan, there's lava over here."

"T-there's lava in this game?" Mikan seemed extremely worried. She imagined that a person like her and lava would not mix well.

(A/N: I don't think that anyone can mix well with lava,)

"Yeah, but you have to be extra careful with it. If you fall in, you'll burn along with all your stuff." Chiaki explained, being cautious around the lava.

"I-I think I'll stay further this way.." Mikan murmured, watching Chiaki from a far.

Chiaki giggled a little, Mikan was too precious. It made her cheeks red.

"Here, I got the seeds!" Chiaki came running back to their shared birch home.

~lots later~

"It's getting pretty late.. w-what do you want for dinner?" Mikan asked, setting her controller down beside her.

"It's Friday.. so how about a pizza?" Chiaki also set her controller down.

"Okay, I'm f-fine with that."

"I'll save our game, then I'll order."

~later, again~

The two ate, then decided to play a different game. This time, they played Mario Kart. Mikan had never played it before, so Chiaki guided her through all of the controls.

Mikan blushed when Chiaki put her hands on top of Mikan's. It was a little hard for her to pay attention to what Chiaki was saying, since Mikan's hands were so warm, and not to mention soft..

But she still tried her best.

On her first race, she got sixth place. Chiaki kissed her on her cheek and congratulated her, saying that sixth place was really good for her first try. This made Mikan want to get even better, so maybe, just maybe, Chiaki would give her plenty of kisses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1193
I cannot remember if I proofread this so, just enjoy it. I hate Tuesdays.