The Final Straw

The couples were all sleeping their individual hotel rooms . The night before was a wild ride and although Cookie was pregnant Lucious still showed her a good time .

Lucious: babe are you awake ? She rolled over and got up under him putting her head on his chest .
Cookie ; Babe can we have pancakes and waffles .
Lucious: Both ?
Cookie : yes, I'm craving for extra syrup please .
Lucious: Anything for my babies but I'll have to scrap that extra syrup thing and you need a fruit smoothie .
Cookie: Yes daddy .
Lucious: Mmm you know I like it when you call me that . He kissed her head .
Cookie: Can we eat by the pool too with everyone else .
Lucious: okay babe. He got on the phone with room service .  After making his order he hang up
Cookie: you think carol up yet ? She tied her room as he put some cloths on .
Lucious: she was pretty lit last night cooks .
Cookie: Between her and Candace I don't know who was more drunk .
Lucious : I ain't never seen Candace drink like that before . She was so normal and mushy .
Cookie laughed
Cookie: imma show you one of her old college tapes.
Lucious: Nooo. They heard a knock of their door .
Lucious: Who is it ?
Carol: it's me .
Lucious: Coming . He opened the door
Lucious : Well well look at the lit sister .
Carol: Bro this ain't funny I feel terrible . You know like that movie walk of shame .
Cookie: oh so you picked up Nick for a ride .
Lucious: 😂😂😂😂 shouldn't have put in that Henny in your cup.
Cookie: She got the shades on and everything . Where Nick at ?
Carol: He's taking a shower . Imma need some ginger because child .
Lucious: imma go and set the table while y'all gossip .
Cookie: Shut up Billy D 😂😂😂.  He left the room.
Cookie: Yo last night was fun I forgot I was pregnant for a minute .
Carol: The vibe was right . Candace and her spoiled behind got everything she wanted . Kevin in love with her for real .
Cookie: As he should be . It wouldn't kill her to be a little nicer tho.
Carol: A little ? Cookie she needs to submit to her husband .
Cookie: We don't know what happens behind closed doors .
Carol: speaking of closed doors I wonder if she's up because she had a lot to drink last night . She was dancing on the table and twerking and popping like it was for cash .
Cookie : 😂😂😂Let's go check on her . They walked out the hall and turned the corner to where her room was .  As Cookie was about to knock on their door , Carol grabbed her hand .
Carol: Wait you hear that ? Cookie put her ears against the door and her eyes widen .
Cookie : Your ears is really sharp girl Kevin tearing her up in there .
Carol: 😂😂😂 she gotta put in the work for that Birkin she got .  They both snickered .
Cookie : Come on let's give them some privacy .
Carol: Girl nah she ain't give us privacy let's have something to tease her about at breakfast . Cookie pulled Carol's ear .
Carol: Dang Cook your hands are heavy .
Cookie: I'm gonna text you after I finish getting ready so we can all have breakfast okay ?
Carol: alright see you in a few .
____________________________________
30 minutes later
____________________________________

Everyone was seated at the table waiting for the birthday girl and her husband to appear .
Carol: I'm telling you she gonna come down here looking funny just wait and see.
Nick: 😂😂😂 Babe what you talking about ?
Carol: Just wait and see . Moments later Kevin and Candace arrived walking hand in hand and they sat down greeting everyone .
Carol: Wait hell nah ! How you look so perfect ? She doesn't even look like she been drinking .
Candace : I'm immortal . Kevin laughed
Kevin: My babe can hold her liquor .
Cookie: She ain't look like she been partying either .
Candace : It's called hydration. Ya'll don't hydrate .
Carol: Kevin do you hydrate too . Lucious laughed and shook his head .
Kevin: yea . He looked his wife up and down and smiled .
Cookie: Candace you put in the work for that Birkin?
Candace: Yup he knows what that mouth do and that's on period . I'm hungry let's eat.
Carol: hold up you ain't gonna just skip pass that like you ain't just said what you said .
Nick: I'm dying over here bruh .
Cookie: She must be immortal for real.
Lucious: I'm still stuck on the hydration.
The waiters served them .
Candace: Thank you.
Kevin: So you enjoyed your party?
Candace: Yes I got everything I wanted. I'm happy . Her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and sighed .
Cookie: What's wrong ?
Candace: it's Renee.
Lucious: You gonna answer ?
Candace : I don't got nothing to say to her . I don't know who she is?
Nick: Yea ... but she's your mom.
Candace : Excuse me ?
Kevin: Babe maybe she wants to say Happy birthday .
Candace : No . She clicked her phone off .
Nick: Come on what if Frankie didn't answer your call?
Lucious : 👀👀👀👀
Carol: Ni-
Candace : The difference between Renee and I is that I'm actually raising my son ! I didn't abandon him because I was having problems with the man I made him with!
Kevin: Candy calm down.
Carol: come on just relax.
Candace: No ! I won't sit here and be coached by nobody who doesn't know a damn thing about parenthood ! When your in my position then you come and talk to me !
Carol: Damn Candace !
Candace : I'm not hungry anymore . She got out her seat and walked off .
Kevin shook his head .
Carol: Baby why did you do that? She said looking at Nick.
Nick: Baby it's ya'll mom.
Lucious : Yea but Renee issues run deep bro.
Nick: It can't be that deep.
Kevin: Did you not hear what she just said before she left ?
Nick: Yo Kev Im not trying to be disrespectful and all but Candace got problems .
Kevin: What you say ? He started getting up .
Nick: I said she got problems . Cookie saw Kevin's fist curl up .
Lucious: Alright y'all be cool.
Nick: what you gonna fight me !
Kevin: Let's go then !
Lucious : Yo bro come on my woman pregnant right here what y'all doing !!!! Kevin growled and left the table and Nick huffed .
Carol: Everything is a pissing contest with you Nicholas !! She stormed off .
Nick: Babe he was gonna fight me ! He yelled . Lucious took Cookie's hand and they went back to the room.
____________________________________

Back in their rooms
____________________________________

Lucious: See this the type of drama I didn't want you around . On the way home , we will stop and get you something to eat okay . Cookie nodded and rubbed her bump as he packed their stuff making sure nothing was left behind in their room .
Meanwhile Carol and Nick going back and forth.

Carol: That wasn't your place !
Nick: Every time we come around Candace is allowed to say and do what she wants with no consequences why ?!!!
Carol: Because that's Candace Nick !
Nick: Well I am not putting up with it ! I dont care what Renee did she needs to forgive !
Carol: You don't know half the crap Renee pulled . She destroyed us ! He could feel the hurt in her voice and he knew he had crossed a line .
Nick: Babe I didn't -
Carol: Don't touch me. Let's just leave .
Nick: Fine .
Kevin found Candace packing up her makeup bag .
Kevin: Baby I'm sorry .
Candace : I wanna go home and see my son.
Kevin: Me too let's dip.  He hugged her and she felt safe but still her heart was sad .

Things had turned sour quickly . Everyone was upset at the other . Some thought Candace was being a brat again . Others thought that Renee was causing more problems than needed . Nick was starting to regret speaking out about the situation, but none of them denied that Nick had a point . Renee and her kids needed to have a proper sit down and issues that were under the rug needed to be swept out .