The Tables have Turned

Lucious was in his office looking over some paper work when Webb came in .
Webb: Mr. Lyon I need a word.
Lucious: okay sure . Did you manage to pick up the cloths for Cookie ?
Webb: Yes sir .
Lucious: great so what's up ?
Webb handed him a DVD .
Webb: It's very important that you view it now . Please before it ends up on the blogs .
Lucious: Hakeem or Jamal ?
Webb: Cookie .
Lucious immediately put the disc in. As the video ran he saw Angelo grabbing and shaking Cookie and his hand went up in rebellion against her and then Webb pulled up on him setting the tide to change. Lucious could feel his blood boiling and his hand began to squeeze the mouse for his desk top .
Webb: Boss . The mouse finally broke and Lucious turned his attention to his head of security
Lucious: We have work to do .
Webb: Yes sir .
Lucious called a meeting and sealed off the board room into darkness so no one would be able to see what was going on from the outside . A projector shows pictures of Angelo Dubois and his previous attendance in public venues.
Lucious : as you all know Angelo has been our enemy from day one. He has crossed a line and I'm not afraid to fire back.
Link: Boss these are high profile people. They aren't simple stuck up gangsters .
Lucious: I don't give a rats a** . He tried to put his hands on my wife .
Webb: boss I've already developed a scout out . We need to plan his every move before we strike .
Lucious : just wait until I get my hands on that piece of s***!
Webb: alright guys move out .
Lucious: Webb I need you to monitor Cookie until this is over.
Webb: of course .
____________________________________

Hakeem: Finally . Thanks mom the tracks you got for me were great.
Cookie: I've missed you . She fixed his color and brushed off his sleeves .
Hakeem: I see you and dad hyping up the press again.
Cookie: what you mean ?
Hakeem: haven't you watched E News?
Cookie: I didn't get a chance to check my phone today .
Hakeem pulled up the clip
Hakeem: Where were you last night I called your house phone but it went straight to voice mail. Was you stuck at the charity .
Cookie: yes ... I was stuck there .
Hakeem: Mama ... Angelo ain't right for you . I know dad isn't perfect but at least with him I got to see you .
Cookie: You don't have to worry about that okay. Him and I are done .
Hakeem : for real .
Cookie: it's just me and you baby boy .
They hugged and she felt relief to be done with Angelo. Besides after the passion she had gotten from Lucious, she wouldn't be running after another man anytime soon .
Hakeem: Ma I gotta run I got a date with T .
Cookie: Alright but don't you be speeding on that road !
He laughed
Cookie: does it look like I'm playing with you ?!
Hakeem: no ma I will be careful .
Cookie: good .
He left her office and she giggled returning to her computer screen to schedule more studio sessions .

Computer : You've got Mail !!! She clicked it open and it was from Diana .

Diana : Cookie let me first apologize for my son's behavior . He was under a great deal of stress. His words weren't intentional. Please I would like to comfort you for your pain. The argument has caused him a greet deal in the public. Would you mind making a statement ?

Cookie laughed . The desperation of the Dubios was as desperate as can be . She replied

Cookie : Diana I have sent back all the possessions Angelo has ever bought for me . I don't not want to have anymore connections with your family. Furthermore, your son tried to put his hands on me . If you don't want that getting out to the public, stop contacting me .

Diana: I don't take no for an answer .

Cookie: Are you threatening me !

Diana: what if one of your sons were to go missing or on your way home to work the cops find drugs in your car .

Cookie: what do you want.

Diana: I will be sending you a statement for you to rehearse and give to the public . After you do so you will be left alone.

Cookie: fine . She trembled in her seat but she didn't know that her man was already finding a way to secure her .
____________________________________
At 12:00 Lucious came into her office with some soul food .
Lucious: Cookie I need you to not lie to me .

Cookie: what I do ?

Lucious: that man was gonna hit you and you wasn't gonna say a thing !

Cookie: how did you ... Webb .... Lu.

Lucious : you were gonna let him hit you and not say nothing to me !

Cookie: why are you yelling at me !

Lucious: You know I'm a murder ! You know I will start some s***!!!

Cookie: is it wrong for me not to want you in trouble !

He locked the office door

Lucious: explain yourself !

Cookie: I was gonna tell you ...

Lucious: why do I have the feeling you weren't !

Cookie : 🥺🥺🥺🥺 I was scared ..... stop yelling ... please .

He softened up at the sight of her being hurt.

Lucious : Webb will be watching you until this is over . Your stuff is being moved back into the mansion. This situation is out of your hands now . Please eat .

He opened the lock and left the office . A part of him knew that she was scared but still as his wife he needed her to trust that he would be a man and handle the situation. Then again the marriage wasn't on prosper ground either. She was his wife and they would start their lives back as a married couple even if that mean starting over from scratch . In the mansion , space was being made for Cookie's things. Sometime down the line Lucious would redecorate the house to her liking just as they discussed back in philly days . He knew that this seemed like pressure but he couldn't have Cookie in danger .

The battle between the Lyons and Dubios has begun!

Patreon Account:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=40236532