Fighting the good fight

48 hours of the accident Kevin finally opened his eyes .

Carol: Bro can you hear me ? He looked around recognizing that he was in the hospital . He felt his left hand and leg stiff but the other parts movable .

Kevin: Car..ol I can't move .

Carol: I know your on a lot of meds right now . Your left hand and foot are broken . We put the bones back in place . They have been casted .

Kevin swallowed

Kevin : Am I gonna be able to walk ? Carol slowly raised his bed .

Carol: Yes we've been doing therapy while you were asleep . But if you don't continue youll need a wheel chair .

Kevin blinked several times

Kevin; Great Candace is definitely gonna leave me now . She saw a tear leave his eye.

Carol: You must not know your wife because she was been here everyday since you got here . She has been fighting to see you . She couldn't leave you even if she wanted to . She's pregnant .

Kevin: what is she gonna do with a man that can't walk and work ?!

Carol: Hey! I know Candace is terrible but you almost gave her a stroke so I'll need you to get that out of your mind .

Kevin groaned . The more awake he was the more he felt like broken glass .

Carol: do you remember what happened .

Kevin: not really ... but there was a women and a child .

Carol: She paid all your hospital bills . She sent you this letter . Do you want to read it ?

Kevin: I don't know .. He slowly exhaled .

Carol: How about some water ?

Kevin: okay . He drank nearly the whole bottle .

Carol: I'll read it to you . You'll feel a bit better

Kevin waited for her to read

Carol: Dear Mr . Princeton thank you for saving our lives . My husband and I are the most grateful our toddler was just released from the hospital recovering from kidney failure . A donor was kind enough to help us and now what your help we are alive to see another day . We have paid all your fees without hesitation and have left a number with the best physical therapist in the country at her disposal . Please contact us for an update on your recovery . With compassion Desiree .

They were both emotional

Carol saw Candace paging her

Carol: Candy wants to see you .

Kevin: I can't look at her not like this. Not this way .

Carol: Kevin please she cannot hold up without knowing your alright . Even if it's for a minute .

Kevin thinking about how badly he looks and if she'll be able to handle it .

Carol: She needs to know your alright .

Kevin: okay but I don't want her staying the night

Carol: alright .

Candace came in and sat by his bed side

Candace : babe . I tried to come and see you but they wouldn't let me 🥺

Kevin: I'm alright .

She tried to touch him but he turned his head .

Kevin: I don't want you to see me like this .

Candace : I don't care about that . Frankie misses you . I miss you . She spoke through tears .