Preparations

Lucious was extremely excited about the family get together. He had hired a decorating and catering crew for the occasion. Cookie was a bit suspicious about all the formal arrangements, but this would be their first family gathering with them as a couple that were on good terms. He had even bought her a new dress to match his garments.

Cookie: Are you sure this is a family gathering? Should I be expecting the president?

Lucious: Babe I just want to put all the effort into the family for a change.

Cookie: Babe that is so sweet. She kissed his cheek.

Lucious: I got to run out and make sure a few things for the party is settled okay?

Cookie: Can I come? He was actually going to pick up her engagement ring and he hoped that his excuse would make her change her mind about following him.

Lucious: Aren't you gonna need time to do your makeup?

Cookie: You right I do need more time to get that done and arrange some things in the house. She pouted.

Lucious: It will only be for a little while.

Cookie: But I'm gonna miss you. She hooked on to him

Lucious: Me too babe. He kissed her head

Webb: Boss the Car is ready whenever you are.

Lucious: I will see you in an hour.

Cookie: Okay be safe. They kissed and he left her in the living room area. Cookie hated not being able to be with him always because there were times when she felt like he was secretly seeing Anika on the side. The other night after they had spent the afternoon playing around Lucious fell asleep and she checked his phone and found nothing. She even went through some of his bank statements and found nothing out of the ordinary. She had no fear of being caught because she was his wife and she could look through his stuff if she really wanted to. Neverthless, Lucious would hit her with the phrase, "Trust is everything." This would then make her feel guilty about going through his stuff in the first place. Women like Anika needed to know their place and leave her man alone!

Cookie decided to give Porsha a call.

Porsha: Boss.

Cookie: We are having a family event tonight do you wanna come?

Porsha: Oh I know Lucious sent out an invite.

Cookie: Wait what?

Porsha: He sent invitation to some of us at the company I thought you knew.

Cookie: Can you send it to me?

Porsha: Yes of course. In a couple minutes, Cookie's phone blinged and a template with a wel put together invitation was in her view. The invite read: The Lyon's Rawr BBQ Style. It was a bit corny but she loved it at the same time. Why wasn't she informed about it though? She would have to ask her man about that later.

Cookie: Do you know who else is invited?

Porsha: Tiana, Becky, Mario, and Thirsty.

Cookie: Sounds great I'll see you then. She hanged up the phone.

Juanita: Ms. Lyon I need you to come and taste the samples.

Cookie: Okay I'll be right there. She grabbed her tea cup that had Cookie monster on it and entered the kitchen.

Her first taste was the Tortilla Wraps stuff with chicken vegetables and melted cheese.

Cookie: Mmmm that's good. We will have pepper servings on the tray's right.

Jaunita: Yes ma'am. We have the lamp chops covered in BBQ sauce with mash potatoes, baked beans, and corn bread. Cookie a piece of it all and her eyes almost rolled back.

Cookie: Great but no greens?

Juanita: Actually Mr, Lyon-

Cookie: Nita we need greens. In fact I will help you right now.

Juanita: No no no we need you to be ready for when the guests arrived.

Cookie: Why everybody don't want me to help.

Juanita: Because tonight is about the family and you need some rest.

Cookie: Okay but greens please.

Juanita: Yes ma'am. Cookie grabbed her cup and made her way to the master bed room and opened her closet taking out her dress that was sealed in the protective cover. It was a red over the shoulder made to skin fit with a slight to show off her legs. Cookie wasn't sure if this event was a BBQ or just a way for Lucious to say look I won her back. Either way she was happy to be home in her house living the life she deserved.

Robin: Just as you request. 14K Diamond cut surrounded by love diamonds and graved with I love you Mrs. Lyon from Mr. Lyon.

Lucious: Perfect. She is gonna scream when she sees this.

Webb: Definitely which is why I have set up private cameras to record the moment.

Lucious; You did?

Webb: Tonight is big for you we cannot afford to not be able to play it back.

Lucious; Did you set up the garden lights like I asked?

Webb: Oh yes when the sun goes down its gonna be like Christmas up in there. They both laughed

Lucious: What if she says.... No.

Webb: I mean you guys are already married so her saying no wouldn't be logical.

Lucious: Yea but she can always leave me again. What if she doesn't want to have the ceremony and is just okay with it being legal.

Webb: I think she wants this just as much as you do. It's every woman's dream.

Lucious: I pray it is.

Webb: Don't worry the Man upstairs got your back. Robin had packed the engagement ring and handed the item to Lucious in a customized bag with Cookie's initials on it.

Lucious: Thank you.

Robin: It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

Lucious: Likewise,

Webb: Are we stopping for the flowers you ordered?

Lucious: yea we should get those know because when I get back home Cookie won't let me out of her sight.

Webb: Both of y'all are crazy.

Lucious: That's why I love her. Her crazy tops mine. They Pulled out into the main streets heading over to the freeway. He had a silent moment with God while looking out the window. He could recall the hard time he had put Cookie through. He didn't want to hurt her anymore their marriage would never be perfect but he wanted Cookie to be happy always. When she was upset with him, he really couldn't handle it. Now that pretty boy was out of the picture for good he had to ensure that on his side no women would come disrespecting his wife. It would be a challenge due to his past activities of lawlessness but he was willing to ensure that no one would come between them. Tonight was his first step of moving his marriage in the right direction.

P.S: Hey guys I have recently created a Patreon account when you have the time please check it out. The link is posted on my announcements.