We will make it back together

Carol was in her study drafting up recovery plans for Kevin and checking Renee's progress. Nick brought her something to eat. He had a bone to pick with her, because somehow he was always clueless as to what was going on in the family.

Nick: Here go your chicken salad.

Carol: No kiss?

Nick: No I'm mad with you.

Carol: What I do babe?

Nick: When was you gonna tell me Candace pregnant?

Carol: Well originally I didn't know. Renee is the one that spilled the beans. I didn't purposely keep it from you.

Nick: Oh...so you would have told me right?

Carol: Yes, but everything is happening so fast. I just didn't have the time to really settle down and tell you. Besides between our schedules, you've been gone a lot and I'm working longer hours at the hospital.

Nick: Well damn there you go being right again.

Carol: Is this about me not telling you or me not being pregnant?

Nick: See I didn't want you to think that. When it's our time we will have a baby. We should be married first.

Carol: Are you sure because getting pregnant isn't an issue.

Nick: No you got a lot of work to do. We both do and a wedding to plan.

Carol: Okay. He kissed her head.

Nick: I'll be chilling in the room waiting for you.

Carol: See you in an hour.

Kevin was reading an old classic favorite to his son. Frankie wasn't used to see his dad like this. He had so many questions for his dad to answer.

Frankie: Daddy how long will these stay on?

Kevin: For a while but I promise I'll work to take them off soon. What's been going on while I was gone?

Frankie: Mommy is really sad. Kevin felt his heart breaking.

Frankie: But nana is getting better.

Kevin: That's great and you're being a good boy aren't you? He nodded. Carol came in ready to deliver medication and do dressings.

Frankie: I'll see you later daddy. He hugged his son and kissed his cheek and he left the room. 

Carol: How are we feeling today?

Kevin: I need to see my wife.

Carol: She's taking a nap right now.

Kevin: Will you tell her I want to see her when she's up.

Carol: Yea in the meantime your office sent over your stuff you left at work. Carol handed him a bag of items one of them being his phone and charger.

Carol: I want you to know I called the therapist the woman referred me to. He will be here first thing in the morning, so after you eat you need to get some rest.

Kevin: Right

That night seemed long to him and when the morning finally came only one thing was on hid mind seeing his candy. Would she be upset with him after the things he said? Would they be able to look past what had happened? So many things he needed clarity on. Around 8:30, Kevin met Desiree and his new trainer Stefan.

Desiree: Mr Princeton im the woman you saved.

Kevin: I know I got your letter is your child okay?