The turning point

Webb held open the car door for Cookie. After she climbed in she raised up the partition and quickly got out her makeup powder mirror to search for any hickeys. She sighed with relief when she only discovered that her lipstick had almost been wiped off. She took it out to reply along with her highlighter.
"Lord please don't let Angelo and his crazy boujee mama find out what I just did." She got out her iPhone and dialed Carol.
"Hey sis how you doing?"
"I made a mistake. I can't believe-."
"Cooks take a deep breath first." Cookie took three deep breaths.
"What happened?"
"Lucious had me up in the elevator. He kissed me."
" What!!! Sis spill the tea!"
"Me and Porsha were talking by the elevator about Hakeem studio session and he grabbed me and then we were in the elevator and then he just kissed me. When he stopped he said don't marry Angelo."
"You making him jealous. Now you can make your demands."
"Carol I don't want Lucious back. He has hurt me way too much."
"I agree but did you stop him from touching you? Did you want it to go further? Did you like it?"
"Of course I liked it. Yes, I did want it to go further but-."
"There is no but Cookie. Angelo isn't the man for you. Let's face it Candace is the only one that likes him because her a** is boujee."
"I know her boujee self would run up the wall if she heard what happened today."
"I mean Lucious will never be perfect. He is hood and if we are being honest you love a hood man."
"I don't want him back. I can learn to love Angelo more as time goes along."
"That's just the thing sis I don't think you will. You guys sleeping together?"
"No I'm waiting."
"Waiting for what marriage?"
"Is that so bad?"
"Cookie Lucious is the only man you've ever been with. Ya'll were married and had kids. If you were really done with him, you would have slept with Angelo by now."
"What are you a therapist now?"
"Cooks it is common sense. If you were done with Lucious you wouldn't still have the last name Lyon and you wouldn't allow anyone to call you Cookie."
"Angelo calls me by my government name."
"Do you like that?"
"Not really."
"Your still in love with that man and in the eyes of God that's still your husband."
"He is the one that divorced me! He's the one that left me!"
"You didn't even sign the papers Cookie and by low no matter how many years you were in jail if you don't sign the papers it doesn't count!"
"That isn't law Carol."
"Well I don't care it doesn't count. That man is still in love with you. He came by my house the other night talking about you." Cookie opened her eyes wide.
"He said he wants you back and that he wants me to help him."
"What did you say?"
"Girl I ain't getting involved in ya'll mess. I'll be on the side lines cheering ya'll on tho."
"I can't believe I listen to you." Cookie said cracking up.
"We all know you just waiting for him to have you alone and then it's over for Angelo.
"Well sis you gonna keep waiting because Lucious isn't laying a finger on me again."
"Yea right I'll wait for the phone call with popcorn ready."
"Bye Carol."
"Bye sis I love you."
"I love you too."
Webb had his phone recording the whole conversation to be sent to his boss. Yea it was a bit weird for him to be doing these things but not carry out orders from Lucious Lyon was asking for a death wish.
"Ms. Lyon we have arrived."
"Thank you Webb for bringing me to the restaurant."
"Your welcome I'm at your service."
"Hey can you tell Lu-."
Angelo had opened her door.
"Babe you ready?"
"Yes. Bye Webb."
"Goodbye Ms. Lyon." Angelo helped her out and Webb drove off.
"My Mother is gonna be joining us how about we have a drink before she arrives."
"Okay." He tried to kiss her and she stopped it.
"What's wrong?"
"We shouldn't be doing that before your mom gets her. She might catch us and I just touched up my lipstick."
"Your right. I'll get to you later. Come on let's get you inside."

They walked into La Pier and were immediately escorted to a table
"Babe I already ordered for you okay."
"What did you order?"
"Like a chicken salad. Mother doesn't really eat in public. Besides, tonight I thought we could spend the night."
"I have plans with the boys tonight and I don't want a salad."
"Babe its healthy come on." She rolled her eyes.
"Fine."
Meanwhile, Lucious is listening to the recording Webb brought to him.
"What if she really doesn't want me anymore?"
"I mean she tried to tell me something to tell you but that punk cut her off."
"Does he boss her around?"
"Not from what I've seen but he is definitely pushy." Lucious phone started to light up.
Cookie: We need to talk.
Lucious: When and Where?
Cookie: Tonight at the Mansion.
Lucious: Yes, baby Mama.

Cookie couldn't help but smile at his reply. Carol was right she wasn't done with her baby father just yet. The more she thought about what happened the more she wanted it to happen again.

Diana: So I would like to formally invite you to a classic ball it's a charity event I have every year .

Cookie: I'd love to come .

Angelo: and I'll be your date . Cookie can admit that Angelo's jokes were the worst. Even Lucious could make her laugh at any appointed time .

Diana: I've already found you a gown .

Cookie : Wow that's really nice but I'm sure I can find something of my own .

Angelo squeezed her hand understand the table and she jumped a bit

Angelo: Babe it's a ball and I think you'll love the dress .

Cookie : Sure . Thank you for the gift

Diana: Excellent now how is everything coming along with you two ?

Angelo: Shes perfect . He kissed her cheek and cookie tried her best to smile. She felt like she was in a horror movie that came with different phases . Now more than ever she was having the urge to leave Angelo before things got out of control . Lucious would definitely kill him if he hurt her.
____________________________________

Thirsty: You sure you want to tell her the truth ?
Lucious: She's my wife .
Thirsty: She'll hate you for this .
Lucious: Another man is about to marry my woman .
Thirsty: You can't go based off of what Hakeem said.
Lucious: When you actually fall in love you'll understand . I want my woman and I want her now!
Thirty : Boss don't get uptight. If you tell her, she might be done with you for good.
Lucious: Look man you got the documents or not.
Thirsty handed him the envelope containing the fake divorce papers he handed her year's ago verses an actual real one.
Thirsty : Boss please think -
Lucious : She will be here soon so I'll see you later.
Thirsty finished his drink and made his way to the door of Lucious's Mansion. The last time Cookie was in the house things didn't end so well. He was hoping that this time they would end off the conversation on a good note. Soon he heard heels clicking and he got some champagne glasses out.
Cookie : Lucious.
Lucious: come right in babe .
Cookie: don't even have that slick talk you know why I'm here .
Lucious: champagne ?
Cookie: Now you know I need a drink stronger than that . He grinned and got out the vodka
She sat down on the sofa as the fire side warmed her up from the draft that was picking up on these November nights . He handed her the beverage and she took it straight down .
Lucious: hey hey slow down .
Cookie: more . He brought over the bottle and pored her more giving her a look to not take it all the way down the second time around.
Cookie: Why did you kiss me ?
Lucious: Can I be honest?
Cookie: I would want you to but your a liar half the time .
Lucious : I want you .
Cookie: Lucious don't start this again.
Lucious: You've accomplished your mission in making me jealous Cookie.
Cookie: We tried remember and you went back to Anika.
Lucious: While we were trying I never slept with Anika . Everything she did was pure manipulation . I belong to you. I've always belonged to you .
Cookie: You always have these hoes disrespecting me and for what ? Oh yes . For money !
Lucious handed her the envelop.
Cookie: what is this ?
Lucious : open it. She was annoyed that in the middle of their conversation he wanted her to read papers . When she took out the documents, she was confused and then looked at the difference between the two .
Cookie : Lucious ... please tell me that the divorce papers you sent .... were real .
Lucious : I couldn't let you go then and I'm not letting you go now .
She threw the papers on the table and got up.
Lucious : don't leave cooks ....
she started hitting him
Cookie : Why ! Why ! WHY!!!!!!!!! she screamed
Lucious : I'm sorry . He said grabbing her hands and pulling her into him. Tears overflowed and spilled from her eyes.
Cookie: I love you ..... I can't breathe without you .
Lucious : babe . I need you . Come home to me.
She rested her forehead on his
Cookie : I can't.... Because you'll hurt me again .
Lucious: Dont go. She moved his hands from around her and wiped her tears.
Cookie: I don't want you to touch me like that ever again.
Lucious: babe...
Cookie: don't make this harder than it has to be . Let's just focus on our kids . Please. I'm begging you .

He shook his head in frustration . She picked up the envelope

Cookie: I'll be filling this out so we can make it official .
Lucious: Cookie .
Cookie: Goodnight Lucious . She closed his study door
He flipped over his desk and punched the wall. On the drive to her apartment she cried the whole way. She knew she loved him and that the divorce papers all those years ago couldn't be true and now that she knew for sure she would definitely have to leave Angelo.

Patreon Account:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=40236532