Another Dispute

Andre had prepared the board room for a meeting his father called last minute to discuss Jamal's upcoming tour. Personally, Andre didn't think his brother was ready for that due to his change in direction for his album. Suddenly, Mal wanted to center his music on when his parents met and fell in love. Andre saw this as a disaster ready to happen; he didn't want his mother falling back in love with his father for the simple fact of his reputation. Lucious has 150 million followers on Instagram and half of the majority were women looking for a sugar daddy to support them. He never liked the idea of his dad dating younger women especially Anika. How would Dre be able to call someone step mother that was in his age range and old enough to be his dad's daughter. To make matters more complicated, Dre had a feeling that his mom and Angelo would not last because his father was already plotting up schemes to get them to break up. He has contemplated day and night whether to let his mom in on what's going on or let the love hate pattern continue between the pair. Sometimes he wishes that Leah wasn't nuts and had raised him properly so that the family could be normal. Then again, no family is normal and all have their short comings. Dre examined his own situation and could see why his parents were inseparable. After losing Rhonda, life was a bit boring and he found himself starring into outer space more than usual longing for his wife to come back to him.
"Baby what you doing in here? Your supposed to help me prep Hakeem for his interview on E tonight."
"Mom is that what your wearing today. Are you trying to give men around here whip lash? Lucious is already on the edge." Cookie had chosen a skin fit dress and black pumps along with a Birkin Bag to match enough to send any man up the wall.
"Dre I only have time for one man and it's not your father. I've been down that road and I have learned my lesson."
"I just wish you'd wear the business suits I bought you from the Jadore Collection. I mean it is the best clothing line in the Hills."
"Dre I wore one of those suits to a dinner with Rick Ross and his eyes were glued to my chest. It really doesn't matter what I wear men are still gonna look at me. I was still a baby when I had you guys you know."
"I know I'm sorry mom. It's just I'm stressed out because dad called this last minute meeting and-. "
"What meeting? Why didn't he inform me or Porsha?!"
"He is insisting that Jamal should go on tour, but your son has decided to make his album about the two of you. It makes no sense for him to do that in the process of remaking his art. He has me here like an assistance when I could be in my office calculating numbers."
"Leave it I will let Porsha finish up here and I am gonna have a word with your father."
"Mom-." He complained
"Don't back talk me boy!" He sighed and dropped the booklets and went back to his office. Cookie was furious how dare he hold a meeting and not tell her about it especially when it involves her son. Every time she gives him the benefit of the doubt that he has learned something from their past confrontations he proves that he lacks understanding. She busted through his double doors without hesitation. Anika was startled at her sudden intrusion.

"Get out!"
"Excuse me! Lucious and I are in the middle of a very important-."
"B***** IF YOU DON'T GET OUT RIGHT NOW I WILL DRAG YOU OUT!"

Despite her rage and frustration, this was turning Lucious on right now. The only reason Anika was in his office was because she was begging for him to service her engine and proposing that they should get back together to boost Empire's image. Lucious found her idea to be stupid because Anika had no credentials besides her family and as time went by their power was becoming slim to none.
" Anika leave us." She grabbed her clutch and swayed her hips on the way out as Cookie snared at her.
" Finally a rise out of the real you." He proceeded to put his hands on her hips and she smacked them away.
"Be nice."
"Why is my son going on tour? He isn't ready for that Lucious!"
"Why is going on tour a bad idea he needs to appeal to his audience. I can't have him doing 1 hit wonders every month!"
"He is changing the content of his album."
" To what ! I don't have time for these games. We have a meeting in the next five minutes. He is going on tour and that's final."
"You keep forgetting that I am the H.B. I.C in this Place! Jamal is my artist and he is not ready for tour!"
"You know I think you keep forgetting that I am the one who built this place! He is going and that's it!"
"He is changing his content and will be singing about us you dumb a****!"
"Why would he do that?"
"I don't know I haven't had the chance to ask him since no one informed me about the meeting."
"Maybe if you would stop following around the beautiful chocolate man you'd realize that you need to be more present here!"
"If my man wants me next to him, I will be next to him and don't get smart because you did not inform me or leave a message with Porsha. You are disrespectful and if you think flaunting that whore in front of me is going to get me winded up you have another thing coming!"
"FINE! We will ask Jamal at the meeting what plans he has to move forward with his album and a proper date will be set for his tour."
"PERFECT!" as she made her way to the door
"Don't slam my door either!"
"Ugh!" she stormed off leaving it opening and the employees were all looking in his direction with wide eyes. This would no doubt be a highlight amongst the workplace gossip group. Frankly, Lucious didn't care as long as his workers knew who was signing their checks every month he knew they would not question his relationship with Cookie. He sat at his desk and poured himself a glass of whiskey and took it straight up. The stress of running the place and the constant beefing between him and his woman was stressful as a mother (shut your mouth). If he didn't get her back soon, he would have to consider getting a new girlfriend or maybe just maybe taking Anika back. On second thought, he would just have to get a new girlfriend.

Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=40236532