For the sake of the Cub

Kevin closed the car door for his wife car and watched her put on her seatbelt. For the first time in months, they were finally able to talk without additional drama and that was a relief for them both.
Kevin: No matter what I will always be here for you, but maybe this is a talk you and Renee need to have.
Candace: She would never go to therapy. She believes that she is the therapy and we can all just pick up where we left off. 
Kevin: She is a tough nut to crack. Please drive safely and don't speed on that highway Candy.
Candace: Yes, dad. She laughed.
Kevin: Not funny. He smiled
They kissed and she drove off. Suddenly a call came through on her Bluetooth dash board and she answered.
Candace: Yes, Loretha.
Cookie: You got time for Lunch.
Candace: Yea I'm actually finished for the day. Where should I meet you?
Cookie: Mansion.
Candace: Okay I'll be there.

Carol: Girl all this food looks great Juanita sure knows how to throw it down.
Cookie: Yes, she's such a big help because I be tired to cook sometimes.
Carol: That's because Lucious be wearing you out.
Cookie: I see no lies in what you saying sis. They both laughed.
Candace walked in and hugged them both.
Carol: Is that cologne?
Cookie: Yea smells good too.
Candace: Yea um... I got some of it on me. She reached into her purse to put on her perfume.
Carol: Wait hold up why do you smell like that?
Cookie: Yea what were you doing?
Candace: Kevin hugged me..... that's all. Carol started to grin
Cookie: Girl why you grinning like the joker?
Carol: They were HUGGING cooks.
Cookie: Oh HUGGING. Candace rolled her eyes and sprayed her perfume on her.
Candace: So what is this about?
Cookie: What happened to neck?
Candace: Is this inspect Candace day? Do I ask you what you'll be doing?
Carol: Well for starters your always in my business.
Cookie: Alright you two stop. Candace obviously had a moment with Kevin and she doesn't want to discuss.
Candace: Thank you. She picked up her glass of water and drank it.
Cookie: As you all know, the wedding is approaching and I want everyone to get along. I don't want us to be fighting with each other.
Candace: Your right. Understood. Carol nodded also.
Cookie: Now when I say this I don't want ya'll to get upset.
Carol: Oh boy what did you do now?
Cookie: I spoke with Renee and she's coming-
Carol: Wait hold up! You talked to the woman that comes into our life like how the kids play hop scotch.
Candace: Renee knows exactly who to go to with her nonsense.
Cookie: Why can't we all just be happy family?
Carol: We are a happy family without her.
Candace: Exactly!
Cookie: Well this is my wedding and she's going to be there.
Carol: I'm always in the middle of some dysfunctional drama. 
Cookie: If you won't do it for me, then do it for your niece or nephew.
Candace: What?
Cookie: I said do it for your niece or nephew.
Carol: Cookie are you saying what I think your saying?
Cookie: Yes, I'm pregnant.
Candace: I'm gonna need a shot for this.
Cookie: Please you guys I really need the family to come together on this one. Carol sighed.
Carol: Okay for my niece or nephew I'll be good.
Cookie: Candace?
Candace: Do I really have a choice?
Carol: Not really.
Candace: Fine I'll play nice with Renee.
Cookie: Thank you.

Back at Nick's place Carol was venting to her man on the sofa.
Carol: I love Cookie but Renee is a prickle that gets stuck and cannot be pulled out.
Nick: Has she ever apologized to ya'll for leaving?
Carol: I mean yea but she isn't consistent in our lives. I mean Cookie and Candace have kids that Renee really doesn't know. She has never seen me get clean from drugs and boss up into what I am today.
Nick: This is a tough one babe, but if Cookie is having a baby then I can see why she wants everything to be peaceful.
Carol: I know I just don't want to be a pretender you know? Nick brought her into his arms and she laid her head on his chest.
Nick: I think you should just do it for the baby like Cookie asked and if you really have feelings about it approach Renee respectively. Carol looked up at him.
Carol: You are so mature ugh why? He laughed.
Nick: That's just the way I roll babe.
Carol: mmm. They kissed.
Nick: You gonna give me some tonight?
Carol: No. I'm going to bed. She walked over to his room.
Nick: Caroline stop playing with me.
Carol: Goodnight Nicholas. He grinned and turned on the TV to watch some local news.

Candace walked into Frankie's room where he was setting at his desk finishing up his homework.
Candace: Hey my love how is homework going?
Frankie: I'm all done mommy.
Candace looked it over.
Candace: Good job. Why don't you go and stat packing your books for tomorrow? He nodded and got off the chair and went to his book stand.
Candace: How are the bus rides?
Frankie: It's fun me and Jade are having fun. Candace smiled.
Frankie: Mommy can I have ice cream?
Candace: Yea sure but not too much okay because you have to eat your dinner. She went to get him an ice cream cone from the refrigerator.
Candace: Okay here go your scoop little man.
Frankie: Thank you. Mommy.
Candace: Yes, baby?
Frankie: I love you.
Candace: I love you too little man. He pulled her hand and they walked over to the bean bag chair and she sat and he crawled into her lap and ate the ice cream. She grabbed his remote and turned on the History Channel his favorite.
20 minutes later Kevin walked in.
Kevin: Well look at you two. Can I join.
Candace: Yea-
Frankie: No it's me and mommy time. He hooked on to her.
Kevin: But I love mommy too.
Frankie: Me and mommy time. She rubbed his little back.
Candace: Sorry.
Kevin: Alright I'll wait my turn.

There were days when Frankie was able to share Candace with other people and then he just wanted her attention for him and him alone. She was glad for that, because sometimes she feels like she just had him yesterday and now he was growing up and stealing the hearts of girls already. Motherhood was something she was proud of, and if she couldn't be good at anything else being a good mother would always make her happy.