Will the Cookie Crumble

Cookie: Babe . Cookie giggled as Lucious talked to her tummy .

Lucious: Daddy is gonna spoil you but mommy will ruin our fun.

Cookie : Dont tell the cub that but yes I will whip the behind real good.

Lucious kissed her tummy and pulled down her blouse.
Cookie rubbed his head and caressed his cheek .

Cookie: we have so much stuff to plan with the wedding and the baby

Lucious: Dont worry . Don't you get stressed I will have Mario take care of everything in terms of planning. I will help out everything will be great .

Cookie: Thank you babe .

Meanwhile Carol had scanned through the information that Carol sent and it was making it harder for her to be around Nick .

Nick: Hey did I do something wrong ? You won't return my calls and when I come by the apartment your not here what's going on?

Carol slightly sighed and turned her attention to him

Carol: Who is Brittney Nick ?

Nick : Babe .

Carol: Nick who the f 🤬 is Brittney?! She handed him the documents .

Nick : How did you get these ?

Carol : I will ask you one more time who the f 🤬 is Brittney and why did you kidnap her ?!

Nick : She was my first girlfriend. We were 17 but she came from a wealthy family and I was poor the orphan boy but we loved each other . Her father didn't want us together and she convinced me to run away with her .

Carol listened intently . She knew when Nick was lying and when he spoke truth and this is truth which is something he spoke majority of the time and for a man that was a good thing .

Nick : We made it a bit cross country but they caught us at an old cafe and they arrested me . All I could remember was her screaming. After I spent a few hours in a cell I was released and two weeks after that I saw her with the Man her Dad had arranged her to be married to when she turned 18. I knew I was released because she traded her freedom for mine. I never saw her again after that.

Carol : I'm sorry.

Nick : It's not something I'm proud of and I don't talk about it because I really did love her.

Carol : 🥺 a part of you always will.

Nick : I know that I'm in love with you. I know that I've worked hard to move forward.

Carol : Yes you have. They hugged.

They spent the rest of the afternoon talking about things they may have left out.
____________________________________
Candace was baking Frankie some oatmeal cookies .
Frankie : Mommy I want to take some for aunt Cookie.
Candace : Why don't you take my phone and call her. Candace handed the phone to him and he found the contact info and dialed the number.
Cookie : Hey.
Frankie : Tee mommy is making oatmeal cookies do you want some?
Cookie: I would love some are you coming to the house.
Frankie: yes.
Cookie: Tee can't wait to see you. I love you can you give the phone to mommy.
Frankie : Love you too. Okay. He handed the phone to his mom.
Cookie: Should I set a plate for y'all.
Candace : Yeah we will stay for dinner.
An hour later Frankie was running down the drive way to his aunt.
Cookie: Little man! She picked him up
Frankie: Teee!! He kissed her cheeks.
Cookie: Your getting to be a big boy. Come on let's go inside. Candace followed
Lucious: There he is!
Frankie: Uncle Lu! He stretched out to be taken by Lucious.
Lucious : I got you a new water gun for the pool.
Frankie : Yay!!!!
Candace : Franklin no.
Cookie : Why not?
Frankie : But mommy..
Candace: Guns are dangerous no buts.
Lucious : He's a boy Candace.
Candace : Fine he can play with it when he comes over.
Frankie : It's okay Uncle 😞. Frankie slightly pushed the toy away
Lucious: Hey how about some basketball.
Frankie : Can I?
Candace : Sure.

Lucious took him to the basketball court.
Cookie : He's only 4 Candace you can't be that controlling.
Candace : I don't want him playing with guns.
Cookie : You use it in the pool.
Candace : Dont care.
Cookie : Anyways help me set the table before Carol and Nick get here. Oh and I told Kevin he said he'd be here soon .
Candace rolled her eyes. It is clear that Carol didn't look at the documents. As they set the silver ware down, Kevin walked in.
Kevin: Hey cooks I brought some wine.
Cookie: Great because I didn't get a chance to go to the store. He walked over and kissed Candace cheek.
Kevin: Hey babe.
Canadace: You didn't tell me you were coming.
Kevin: I thought I'd surprise you.
Candace : Frankie is outside with Lucious.
Kevin: Playing ball that's my boy.
Cookie: Lucious bought him this toy. Cookie handed him the water gun.
Kevin: This is good he's been asking for this but I keep forgetting to buy it. Candace cleared her throat.
Kevin: Babe it's just a toy. Candace chuckled and made her way to the living room. Kevin sighed and went after her.
Kevin: Babe I don't want to -
Candace : I need you to be on my side Kevin and stop making me look like the bad guy!
Kevin: What's wrong with a water gun?
Candace: He is a half White - half Black boy growing up in America that's what's wrong!
Kevin: So you think I don't know that! He's 4. A baby!
Candace growled and slightly became red.
Kevin: Babe can we not. He tried to hold her.
Candace : Don't crowd me. Let him have the toy and if he learns anything negative it's on you!
She stormed off to the bathroom.
Cookie couldn't help but feel bad for Kevin he was trying and Candace just dismissed him. Kevin went out to the court yard to speak with Lucious.
Cookie knocked on the bathroom door and when Candace opened she was crying.
Cookie : Hey you okay.
Candace : I'm fine.
Cookie : No your not. She closed the door.
Cookie : Please tell me whats wrong.
Candace : I saw a text on Kevin's phone I think he's cheating on me.

Cookie felt the room shift. She knew Kevin was fed up but not to this extent.