A secret bodyguard

WARNING: This chapter contains spoilers for recent events on the SMP. Prolly shouldn't read this chapter if you don't want anything spoiled.

This is an AU where Awesamdude takes on the duty of protecting Tommy and Tubbo!!! Originally, he was gonna adopt them but it morphed as I wrote this.

Awesamdude's POV:

I certainly have a very busy life. Prison warden and a builder. Plus, I have to spare time to check on the egg. Puffy and I have took it upon ourselves to make sure the blood vines don't spread too far.

"Here's you food Dream." I handed him over some steak and water. I turned away to cross the bridge when I was stopped.
"Sam..."
"Dream."
"I want to tell you what happened during Tommy's exile, I just cant bear the guilt anymore."

Dream had sat down on the floor and wrapped his arms round his legs. I felt bad for him, but at the same time terrified for Tommy. What had he done to  him? He seems fine.

I sat down just outside the cell. "You can talk to me Dream, its better letting it out."
He let out a long sigh, "You just don't understand. I know you don't have THAT bad of an opinion of me, but believe me, that's gonna be ruined."

He told me everything. How the power got to his head and messing with Tommy was fun cause he was different. Tommy doesn't bend to anyone's will except for the exception of Tubbo. So he had to break him using Tubbo. Had him cut off from everyone, and slowly broke his mind, manipulated him. As he told, I got more and more horrified. And all of this, over his greed for power.

"Tommy is strong for surviving every cruel thing I've done to him."
"Yeah... I guess so."

There was no way IN HELL Tommy is ok. I'd have to keep a closer eye on him, and Tubbo too. He was part of Dream's plots.

-Later on-

"Hey Sam!"
"Hey Tommy. You wanted to talk?"
"Yes! So I have an idea I would like a little help with..."

He told me his plans to build a hotel over Dreams old house and he needed help with the actual work.

"Tell you what." I smiled at him. "32 diamonds and I will get started."
"Alright! I can do this."

I was surprised but he had gotten all the diamonds by the end of the day. As promised, I spent the next few hours planning out the hotel. He was extremely excited when he came back the next day.

"Tommy, I need you to do a few tasks before I can start building."
"Ha, ha! This is like animal crossing! You're like my Tom Noo- SAM NOOK!"

He was smiling brightly and he ran off too collect the building supplies. And this brought me a new idea.

-20 minutes later-

"SAM, I brought that shit you wanted!"
'HELLO TOMMYINNIT! HAVE YOU BROUGHT THE NEEDED SUPPLIES?'
Tommy gasped, "Yes I have Sam Nook!"

I sent him along his day doing tasks like in animal crossing. I think I know why Tommy loves this game so much. He's grown up fighting and hasn't had time to experience life as a kid. 

-a few days later-

'HELLO TOMMYINNIT...'
"Helloo!" He waved.
'IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU MY FRIEND... CAN I CALL YOU A FRIEND...'
"Of course Sam Nook! We are friends."
'AWESOME...I HOPE YOU LIKE OUR PROGRESS ON THE HOTEL...'
"I love it Sam!"

I saw Niki coming round the corner, to say hello to Tommy. "What could she want with him?" I thought to myself.

I sent him off to collect a few stacks of Spruce logs and Niki followed him. I was worried, Niki had broke off her connections with Tommy before L'Manburg blew up, what could she want from him.

I decided to take an invisibility potion and follow them. They went all the way to Snowchester and I thought they would stop there but Niki seemed intent on leading him deeper.

"Something weird is going on here."

Niki seemed stressed and that isn't exactly normal for her. I tried testing her by slowing them down. I knocked Tommy into creeper holes, placed blocks they'd have to go around and led mobs like creepers and zombies towards them.

All the while, she was getting angrier. And then the ground shook.

"Oh no, oh no no no. Shit, SHIT." I heard her saying to herself.
"Niki, you alright?" Tommy laughed.

She began running to wherever she was taking them and just out of the woods, was a crater bigger then L'Manburg!

Jack Manifold and Tubbo were staring over the hole in the ground, one being entirely enthusiastic, other not as much.

They looked over to us.
"Tommy!"
"Tubbo, this is amazing! The nukes worked!"
"I know! Its a good thing you weren't here thirty seconds earlier!" He grinned. "You really should be wearing a hazmat suit."
"Do I really look like some one who gets radiation poisoning. Hey, we should build something here."

They started bridging across the gaping hole and I realised Niki and Jack weren't here. I ran towards Niki and Jack, close enough to hear what they were saying.

"-He's PLAYING in the hole that was meant to kill him!" Jack screamed.
"WHAT?!" I thought. "Why would they want to kill Tommy?" I looked over to the pair waving to Niki and Jack. "I'll have to protect them both. If this many people want Tommy gone, Tubbo could be harmed in the process."

It was that day Awesamdude took on the duty of taking care of his younger friends, because despite them being stronger then people thought they'd be, they are still just kids...
But surely he'd some help with the chaotic kids.

Yo, I actually really enjoyed writing this one! Do you think a should do a part two? I think that would be pretty cool, cause I have an idea for another chapter. Anyway, follow me if you like my work, we're nearing 300 followers :D Check out my other books and my discord in my bio.
Vote to be POG!

Words: 996