Singing in silence

If you haven't heard the song Sandals by Khai Dreams, listen to it. It's a great song, one of my favourites at the moment.

Wilbur's POV:

Wilbur sat in his bedroom, casually strumming the guitar. He had finally gotten one of his own for his 13th birthday. He had the past year learning to play, borrowing the school one. He started playing random songs and singing along. People had always that said he had a natural skill for singing.

He began to play some Ed Sheeran song he'd heard on the radio, singing along quietly. His door made a small creak and his head darted up. A younger blonde boy had waddled in. He let out a sigh and shut the door behind his younger brother.

The tall 9 year old was being quiet for once, listening deeply.

"You feeling alright Tommy?"
"Keep on playing Wilby."

Tommy had this habit of calling him Wilby, to which Wil didn't mind. He thought it was sweet and he loved his little brother's nickname for him.

"Play! Play!" Tommy clapped his hands.
"Alright." Wilbur mumble restarting the familiar song.

Tommy really did act like a 3 year old sometimes. They both began singing along to the soft music of the guitar.

"You bring your voice a bit higher for this next bit-" I whispered to the boy.

They both brought them higher, Tommy's voice cracked in the middle of a line and he flushed red.

"Mhhhh, why is singing so hard!" He pouted.
"I didn't know you were into music." Wilbur chuckled softly, humming the lyrics under his breath.
"It's cause I'm not." He huffed, marching out the room.

Wilbur watched him stomp out, slamming the door behind him. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to play his instrument.

Tommy hid in his room, and logged onto his computer.

"I'll never be as cool or smart or as good as the rest of them..."

Tommy's POV:

I've always had an interest in singing but I'm no good at it. Plus, even if I tried I'll be told 'Oh you're copying Wilbur's thing' and 'You're not as good as Wilbur'. Sometimes, things are so unfair.

-Time skip to 7 years later-

I plugged my ear buds in and walked out my bedroom. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sung quietly along to the song that was playing.

"Cuz you're so lovelyyy, you're so lovely. I can't help but fall for y-"
"Morning Tommy!"

I stopped singing abruptly.

"Morning Wilbur, what you doing up this early."
"Ehh, just got an good night sleep and thinking about going to the library today."
"I have to return some books, I will join you on that."

We both jumped at Techno's voice.

"JeSUs! How the hell can you sneak up on people like that!"
"You will ever know~"

Techno sat down and bit into a piece of toast. He had a fuzzy red blanket wrapped round himself.

"Has dad left for work?"
"Yeah, heard him leaving earlier." Techno shrugged.

-time skip-

"Later nerd."
"We'll be back in about an hour, call us if you have any problems."
"Alright!" I yelled back.

I was listening to music in my head phones and scrolling through the internet. I came across an interesting cookie recipe.

I opened Discord on my phone and messaged Tubbo.

Tommyinnit:
can you come over, found a cool cookie recipe and I wanna test it

Tubbo:
k I can be there in about 10 minuts

Tommyinnit:
see you then

-time skip-

I opened the door and invited him in. I had already gotten all the ingredients out. I pulled out my phone and opened Spotify. I put the playlist on shuffle and showed Tubbo the recipe.

"That looks good, right."
"Yeah! Are your brothers home?"
"Nah, they're at the library."
"Karaoke and baking!" He clapped his hands together.

Tubbo was the only person who knew about my passion for singing. He was the only person I felt comfortable singing around. I honestly don't know why, maybe I just don't want to be teased by the others. He didn't taunt me, he instead encourages me.

So we began making the cookie dough while singing along to the music.

-time skip-

"Now we have to shape the cookie dough. I'll show you how."

I sang along with the music and Tubbo started rolling balls of dough and flattening them on the tray. We finished and stuck them in. I set an alarm on my phone and we walked back into the living room.

"How are you so good."
"At what?"
"Singing! It must run in you family or something."
I laughed nervously "I'm really not that good."
"Yeah you are." He confided. "I'd be willing to bet that you're better than Wil."
"Sure, sure." I rolled my eyes.

Tubbo dramatically sighed and flopped into my lap. He put one of his arms over his head and the other over the side of the couch.

"I tell no lies Tommyinnit~" I saw a grin hiding under his arm. "No but really, choose any song and sing it. Whatever it is, bet you'll kill it!"
"Fine."

I scrolled through the playlist and clicked one. The music began playing.

"I love it when you say-" I began to sing. "What's really on your mind. No need to overwhelm yourself, there's always time to unwind~"

As I sang the music, Tubbo hummed along to the melody.

Wilbur's POV:

(A/N: I think you  know what's bout a happen >:] )

I walked up the drive way, talking to Techno.

"I thought you said you needed to return books?"
"Doesn't mean I'm not gonna take more out." He snorted. "Do you take me as an id-"

He stopped talking.

"What's wrong?" I squeezed my keys in my hand.
"...Nothing, unlock the door." He smiled. "And be quiet."

Alright, he was being weird. I still listened to him. I unlocked the door and crept in.

As I approached the living room I  could ear the radio playing. It was an artist I had never heard before. It was a cover of one of Tommy's favourite songs so I figured he was listening to it.

I couldn't of been more surprised. I looked at Techno who looked as shocked as I did. Tommy and Tubbo were both sat in the living room singing along to the music.

"HOLY SHIT!"

The singing stopped abruptly and Tommy and Tubbo looked over at us, both with a terrified look on their face.

I rushed to Tommy excited "I didn't know you could sing!"
"Uhhhhhh... yeah I guess." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I managed to convince him to keep singing the song.

"Tommy that was amazing!" I exclaimed once he reached the end.

He shuffled awkwardly on his feet, staring at the ground.

"Thanks Wil."

He was trying to act some what nonchalant about the ordeal, but I could see the beaming smile stretched across his face.

This wasn't spell checked, I just found it in my notes and copied it across. Hope you enjoyed lol. Drink some water, luv y'all <33