17. Things just got complicated

Cassie stares at her cellphone shaking her head as she is not really believing what she sees in front of her.  For at least a week the phone had been discharged without her taking any notice about it, and now when she finally managed to have it charged, numerous missed calls and messages from Billy popped up on the screen.

She held her breath.

He had actually called her. Somehow that made her heart jump with joy in her chest and when she finally started to breathe again, her breathing became shallow. The feelings he stirred up in her was indeed very alarming.  Alarming to the point that she felt her stomach turn inside out.  Oh god, she needed to throw up!

Her eyes widened as she realized that she actually was about to do that, so she dropped the phone in an instant and ran into the bathroom. Just barely making it, she then emptied her stomach of the breakfast she had eaten just hours before.

On shaky legs she wiped her mouth with her hand and stared with confusion into the wall. What the heck?

Turning on the tap for the cold water, she allowed the water to flow for a while before she took a mouth full and rinsed her mouth.

Maybe this was just a reaction to what she had allowed to happen the other night? To what she had allowed Brad to do.  Oh yes, it had to be it!

She felt awful about it, but hey, they were married. Cassie shook her head as she spat out the water and dried herself with a towel.

She had not felt a god damn thing as Brad had been on top of her and inside of her, she had just stared up in the ceiling and counted the seconds for it to end. Sad really.

She just wanted to forget the whole despicable thing.

It had been light-years apart from the wonderful experiences she'd had together with Billy.

The way Billy focused entirely on her and the way he'd made her feel as he had claimed her body still made her cheeks heat up and turn all crimson as she thought about it. Billy was the ultimate lover.

Cassie bit her lip with fret as she felt herself become instantly wet, and the nausea from seconds before just vanished. The mere thought of him turned her on big time and made her steaming like molten lava.

This was madness. She threw the towel on the floor in frustration and stomped out into the bedroom again.

Why couldn't she just stop thinking about him? Why did he have to be so bloody wonderful and good looking? It was really annoying her like shit. And the thing that annoyed her most was her own incapability to let it go.

But then again, how could she possibly do that, huh, when what he'd done to her was the most wonderful and exciting thing that had ever happened to her? She would never be able to forget it, not even if she tried. She would never be able to forget HIM!

 A nervous laugh escaped her as she picked up her phone again and looked at it.

Could she really call him back? Her fingers were itching to do it.  No, she couldn't! Or could she?

Darn it! She tossed the phone on the bed in frustration.

This dwelling back and forth did not help at all.

Suddenly Brad called for her from the kitchen and she woke up from her disturbing thoughts with a start.

"Cassandra!"

Cassie felt a shiver run down her spine as he called her that. She suddenly realized how much she despised when he said her name.  Why couldn't he just say Cassie like everybody else?