15. Snatch the son

2 weeks later.

Early in the morning Cassie stood leaning on the window frame, gazing outside on their driveway.

Brad had already gone to work and she was in deep thought.

Ever since he got home from his business trip, he'd been super attentive towards her, and it was driving her crazy. Every time he touched her or even tried to, she wanted to scream.  And every time he wanted her in bed, she somehow managed to produce a headache.

Cassie tried to wrap her head around it, tried to think of why it was like that.  It had not been like that before, but somehow now, the man she was married to seamed like a stranger to her. A stranger she had no feelings for. None what so ever! That was it, she thought and raised a brow. They were gone. The feelings she earlier had for her husband, were gone.

Without knowing what to do with that information her heart had sent to her, she just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head slightly.

Her eyes scanned the street outside and she saw that some of the neighbors where already up and in their gardens working and some of them just seemed to have a day off as they were nowhere to be seen, but their cars where home, parked neatly on their driveways. She could hear the annoying dog bark in the distance and again she shook her head marveled.  The little devil was still alive.

For a brief second she closed her eyes as she breathed out a huge disappointed sigh. Why did everything have to be so damn hard?

She let go of the window frame and headed to the bedroom to get ready for today's work.  Funny though,  she thought, that she did not feel more upset about the fact that she had no feelings any longer for her husband, or upset at all for that matter.

She just felt empty when she thought about him, empty, distant and cold.

Billy on the other hand awoke quite a different feeling inside of her. A lot of other different feelings.

She got a fleeting look in her eyes and a flutter in her heart as she thought about him.

She could still hear his deep, dark voice whisper passionate and loving words in her ear as he had made love to her. A pleasant shiver traveled in an instant to her core and made her inside explode with fiery desire.

Damn! Why did he have to be such a remarkable lover? So tender, so loving, so kind?

Was there a lesson to be learned in here somewhere? She had no clue.

Clenching her fist, she forced herself to think of something else and just as unbidden and provoking as her friend Lisa was, the thought of her popped up in Cassie's head.

A wry smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she remembered when Lisa had told her about her escapades with Mr. Hollander.  It was a big surprise to Cassie, as she had thought that Lisa was after his sons, especially that third son William. But hey, if Lisa had her mind set on their boss instead, while she waited for an opportunity to snatch the son, Cassie knew that he wouldn't stand a chance.

But by the looks of it, it seemed that Mr. Hollander in fact enjoyed Lisa's company. Who would have thought?

That was probably why he had been in such a glorious mood these last couple of weeks, Cassie  mused.

She was amazed that Lisa had had the nerve to do it, really. To actually seduce him.  Although Theo Hollander was a very attractive man, he was also very, very intimidating.

She leaned her head to the side in pondering.  But not to Billy it had seemed.  How come?

And there the thoughts of HIM came back. She cursed loudly to herself.