10. A mix of surprise and doom.

Another chapter update. Hope you all will enjoy it. 

Lisa looked around the office landscape once more to make sure she had not missed one single spot with her eyes. All of her co-workers went about their daily routines, and the atmosphere was as usual very hectic hearing the familiar noises from screechy chairs and the babbles from too many people talking on the phones at the same time.

She shook her head slowly and she scrunched her nose in a displeased way.

Where the hell was Cassie?

When she would get her hands on that sneaky little thing, she would be in for a questioning like she had never been before.

Lisa was armed to her teeth. Roughly about a hundred questions, give or take a few, about Cassie's whereabouts and her disappearing from the party two nights ago, were ready to be fired the moment she would step into the office.

Lisa stole a glance at her wristwatch. Cassie was never late.

Maybe something had happened to her.

Suddenly Lisa got worried instead of irritated. She looked over at Theo Hollanders room. She could see him through the blinds in the windows, and as usual he was walking back and forth as he too was on the phone.  She had to ask him if he had heard anything. If she would have called in sick, he would be the first to know.

Walking down the aisle between the desks, Lisa's steps became more eager as she closed in on Theo's office, and she took one final glance to see that he was off the phone before she raised her hand to knock on his door.

"Come in," Theo said gruffly from inside.

Lisa opened the door and stepped inside.

As Theo turned around and saw her, he raised his brows with a mix of surprise and doom washing over him. What did she want now?

"Lisa? What brings you here?"

For a second she fidgeted as his intense gaze and his husky tone made her heart skip a beat.

"Th. . . uhm,  Mr Hollander, I was wondering if you have heard anything from Cassie. She is not here yet and she is never late!" Lisa looked at her wristwatch.

Theo walked over to his desk and sat down on his black leather chair, all the time keeping his eyes on Lisa by the door.

He had noticed that she always dressed flawlessly at the office, and that she always had a perfect make-up on. The lady was practically perfect  in the sense of the word . . .if it wasn't for her blackmailing skills and eavesdropping manners.   

The corner of his mouth twitched a little as he looked her over..

"Roxman?" he said, although he knew perfectly well that it wasn't her Lisa was asking about. 

Lisa scowled at him.

"No, Mitchell! Cassandra Mitchell."

Theo looked down on his papers that were spread over his desk, mumbling to himself.  He had seen this coming a mile away when William had forced him to let Cassie have a week off. Off course Lisa would come sniffing around his office like a bloodhound, asking for her.

"She's taken a week off, " he said, trying to sound as casual as possible as he was about to tell her a lie, "She went to see her husband."

WHUT??

Lisa's face went blank.

"Her husband?"

Theo nodded back at her.