12. Big mouth, know-it-all.

Billy covered his eyes with his hands and groaned aloud.

"What are you doing, Cassandra? WHY?"

Damn it! It felt like she was slipping right through his fingers.

He didn't want that. Hell no.

"I am going home."

Oh fuck no!

SHE WAS slipping through his fingers.

It was almost like he'd been punched in the solar plexus and he almost doubled over by the gross sensation. Gasping he stared at her in shock.

"But. . but . . WHY?"

After a hideous and enormously long minute of silence, Cassie raised her head and gazed with sad eyes at him.

"You obviously do not want me here, " she said, "And as the major klutz I am, I also managed to put my foot in it by opening my mouth one time too many."

Taking one last look at him, she then dialed the last number and put the phone to her ear.

Allowing what she had said to sink in for a tiny second, Billy then snorted loudly and shook his head as he dove towards her and yanked the phone from her hand.  He would be damned if he would let this gorgeous woman get away from him.

"WHAT. . . ." Cassie stared at him, she then looked at her hand where her phone had been.

"You are NOT calling a cab," he snapped at her, now holding the phone in triumph.

Cassie pursed her lips as anger started to boil inside of her. Then she moved off the bed and tried in vain to reach for the phone as Billy juggled with the thing from side to side in front of her.

"I AM! Now give me back my phone. . . " she yelled aloud as her eyes turned black and flashed with anger.

Billy held the phone high above his head  and grinned at her as his confidence came back to him. He had the phone . . . she wasn't going anywhere!

"You're damn sexy when you get angry, Cassandra, " he teased and lowered the phone slowly in front of her,  just out of her reach. "You're looking good."

Taken aback, Cassie's eyes widened and she gasped loudly. What the hell?

Taking a deep dive into the depth of her courage, Cassie gave Billy a deadly glare and clenched her teeth.

"Well, Yes . . . I know. Too bad for you, I am not that into you, " she hissed at him.

For a moment he froze, then he smirked wide at her and threw his head back with laughter.

"Sweets, you couldn't ignore me if you tried!"

"WHAT?" Cassie yelled at him and bit her teeth together. Taking a daring step forward she pinned her eyes at him and started to stalk him. Slowly, Billy started to back his way into the living room feeling Cassie's finger repeatedly poke him in the chest.

"You stupid, worthless, no good, god damn, free loading son of a bitch, retard, big mouth, know-it-all, asshole, jerk," she sputtered as she continuously poked him.

Billy stopped abruptly and grinned at her.

"I have heard that before. . . " he told her, his grin turning wider  as he tried in vain to remember from where. Probably a movie.

"I can imagine that," Cassie growled at him and made another attempt to grab the phone by pushing him in the chest, " No surprise there."

Holding the phone just out of her reach, Billy enjoyed teasing her, giving her a wink and a sly smirk as he did.