29. Not the end of the world.

Billy stared straight ahead into the wall in front of him. He did not even blink one single time and he could feel himself turn ashen as all the color drained from his face.

"Co . . . come again?" he almost stumbled on the words and he felt his throat turn dry as a desert..

"She is not going through with the abortion," Kyle silently told him again. He knew that the eruption that was about to come from Billy in about just a few seconds was going to be ugly.

Billy breathed hard through his nose and his hand holding the phone was shaking so hard he almost dropped it. The words from Kyle almost made him blow a fuse, then a low growl traveled from his chest up his throat.

"WHAT?" he then barked out with frustration, "Is she actually keeping that bastards baby? I can't fuckin' believe it!"

He had to muster all of his strength as to not throw the damn phone into the wall. God, he wanted to trash something . . . anything!

"No, " Kyle made an attempt to cut in on the other line. He could hear the very eminent anger and frustration in Billy's voice.

"Bloody hell, " Billy hissed and started to pace back and forth in front of the garage, "She must be out of her mind."

"No Billy, you see, she told me it's not his chi . . ." Kyle tried again but was once more cut off by Billy's booming voice.

"Damn her! That woman told me that she loved me, and after what that bastard did to her she is still going to keep his . . . " as Kyle's words finally registered with him, Billy stopped his ranting abruptly and gaped widely, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"She told me that it is not Brad's child, " Kyle repeated in a calm voice.

Billy was at a loss for words and it seemed like forever before he got his tongue back in place and was able to speak.

"She told you that?" he asked closing his eyes slowly.

Kyle could hear the disbelief in Billy's voice as he asked that question.

"YES! She told me that she could not do it . . .AND that it was NOT Brad's child."

~ ~ ~

The birds in the park chirped loudly, some dogs barked in the distance and the weather was picture perfect with a bright sunny sky with almost no clouds at all and a warm caressing breeze, but that didn't help Cassie at all. She couldn't help but to feel like a bag of dung as she sat there on the bench next to Lisa. She felt like she deserved to feel like that.

"Come on, " Lisa tried to cheer her up, "It's not the end of the world."

Cassie gave her a sideways glare.

"I know that, " she muttered and clasped her hands together. "But it seems like everything is turning to shit no matter how or what I do right now."

Lisa tilted her head to the side and looked Cassie up and down.

Cassie looked back and saw the frown on Lisa's face, knowing that she wanted a continuation of that sentence she had spoken. Taking her time, Cassie took a deep breath before she spoke.

"There is a slight possibility that I may have not told you everything here."

Lisa's eyebrows shot up almost at once and she blinked at Cassie in surprise.